I figured I'd take this here before registering on a dedicated forum just to save time.

I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with an extended cab, and none of my tail lights/brake lights are working (though the front and rear blinkers work, and so do the headlights)

The bulbs are fine, the fuse is good, and everything is connected with the switch and wires both under the dash and all the way to the bulbs, so I'm out of ideas.

Any help on what's going on? Is it my alternator? I'll also note that my battery is really old (I still have to put water in it from time to time) but everything else works fine on the car electrically.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
You lost the ground. There is a common ground for all the rear lights. You'll have to follow the harness to find it.
Or just run a new one.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
You lost the ground. There is a common ground for all the rear lights. You'll have to follow the harness to find it.
Or just run a new one.
This ^

The lights are fed from different sources, but the return to the (-) of the battery is through the same path. They might just connect to the bodywork of the pickup bed. maybe not through a harness. if the pickup bed is all rusty where it connects to the frame, that would prevent good electrical conductivity for the ground path. might need to add a ground strap to get a new connection, idk.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Jackal58
Or just run a new one.

Thanks! This might seem like a dumb question but where is the harness? and where is the ground wire usually located?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
I'll also note that my battery is really old (I still have to put water in it from time to time) but everything else works fine on the car electrically.
Perhaps I'm not understand something, but why exactly do you put water in your car battery?
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by CullenT
Hm. Interesting. I thought it was just battery (sulfuric) acid in there. So if you just have to add water, why don't you need to add the sulfuric acid?
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by Got Guitar?
Hm. Interesting. I thought it was just battery (sulfuric) acid in there. So if you just have to add water, why don't you need to add the sulfuric acid?

I have no idea, I'm not exactly knowledgeable on cars if you haven't figured that out by this thread.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Now that the ? has been answered...

It's A Conspiracy.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
time for a new batt mate. i always have a spare on me in case.

Wut...

You have to add water to batteries that aren't maintenance-free ones in order to keep the ratio of water to acid right, since the water will evaporate out over time. It doesn't mean it's bad.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396