Hey, guys. I'm looking to start playing electric guitar. Could anyone point me to a (relatively cheap) guitar package to get me going? I'll mainly be aiming to play metal style. I want to be able to play a similar style to bands like Unearth (Crow Killer), Necrophagist (Stabwound), Amon Amarth (Varyags of Miklagaard), Dragonforce (Through The Fire and Flames), and In Flames (Episode 666). Additionally, I'm interested in playing genres like rock and post-hardcore. I'd want to be able to play riffs like the opening riff of Brand New - Jesus Christ and Silverstein - Three Hours Back.

I guess these are a lot of different genres; I am looking for a guitar capable of covering them all.

I've read many positive reviews on the BC Rich Warlock Metal Master Guitar Package, but I'm uncertain of whether it conforms with all the aforementioned. It sounds like a more metal-oriented guitar, without great cleans. Would this package enable me to play, say, metal and post-hardcore style? Obviously I can tune the guitar; I'm just wondering if it's possible to tune this particular BC Rich Warlock to cover all those genres.

If you're only capable of providing an electric guitar, could you also please state which AMP I need to get, since I don't have the faintest. I'd prefer a package including everything, though.

I would be appreciative of any advice. I'm entirely inexperienced with electric guitars, so my apologies if I've provided insufficient information--or if I've sounded like a complete idiot.
Most of that stuff is going to take years of dedicated and disciplined practice, especially the Necrophagist stuff. Muhammed Suicmez is an extremely skilled guitarist.

Also, the metal master package tends to suck; most packs do. You can tune any guitar to anything.

I'd suggest getting an LTD EC-50 and a Peavey Vypyr 15, with a 12 foot cable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Location and budget?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
does anyone know if a kona guitar is any good? im looking into buying a first guitar and wondering if its a decent starter guitar.
Don’t buy a package. If you’re really on a tight budget get a decent guitar up front and get a pocket pod instead an amp. You can always buy a better amp, but nothing sucks like learning to play on a guitar that only stays in tune for ten minutes.
Quote by PacoTheNoob
does anyone know if a kona guitar is any good? im looking into buying a first guitar and wondering if its a decent starter guitar.

make your own thread please.

And no, they are pretty sucky.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks for the replies. So, it sounds like a guitar package is taboo.

@diceksox1809 I'm from South Africa, and I'm willing to pay up to R2500, which is roughly $310, if I need to order it online.

I did a quick Google of the LTD EC-50, and it looks really nice. Would this be the most recommendable one? Looks like that guitar plus the Peavey Vypyr 15 would equate to about $320. Does that amp have a headphone jack? I stay with my parents; at night time I would need it to be silent.

And I know it'll take practice; I was just trying to specify my needs.
Hey, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

The EC-50 is a good starter guitar, and the Vypyr does have a headphone jack!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I think packages are good if you're a beginner like

You get a guitar amp and some bits and bobs. When you are beginning you don't really know much about guitars, so packages although may not be great in quaLITY of amp or guitar are the best choice in my opinion for beginners.

I'd recommend a squire strat starter pack but I dont think it would suit your style of music.