Hey, I guess the title says it all. Looking for that plexi/jtm45/bluesbreaker/hendrix/clapton/blues/rock tone In a small but loud full sounding package. Class 5 lacks power for gigs at 5 watts I think, and the 1974x is perfect other than the fact it's too heavy for me to walk about with. I will be playing relativley small gigs, and will be P.A'd most of the time.

I've been checking out the cornell plexi 7, I think maybe if I get it in a bigger cab with a 12' speaker it would be sufficient for my needs, but maybe i'll be approching 1974x weight by then.... Or I could use the stock plexi 7, and hook it up to a cab for bigger gigs....

As you can tell I am slightly flustered with it all. I just want smooth,singing sustain, blues rock tone in a lightweight loud package??? Any suggestions??? Muchos gracias amigos!
Have a look at EVA amps.

Very very good hand built Plexi clones. Cheap too.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If you're really so worried about weight just stick some casters on the amp and be done with it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks for the replies, dr z are definatley nice amps, just not what i'm looking for. Never heard of EVA, and I live in England. They sound really nice, i've e-mailed them for specs. Thanks again, anybody else have any input?
Maybe a Valvepower 18w or Fargen Miniplex?

I'd also advise working out a little (unless your problem is a bad back or some such, in which case my condolences).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??