okay i currently have a Peavey Rage 508 (which sucks), I have played guitar a while but know next to nothing about amps, i play stuff like Van Halen, Ozzy Ozbourne (rand rhoads stuff), Eric Clapton, Guns n Roses, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and things to that nature. Im looking at around 200-300$ anyway, Can i get a better amp for that price? (I play a Fender Starcaster and an Epiphone Special for my main electrics but am about to aquire a les paul)
Try Peavey Vypyr great sounding amps.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
^ agreed for the money, you wont do much better than a peavey vypyr. its a sturdy amp and definately one of the better sounding modelling amps. i prefer the tone of the vox vt's, but they are a pain in the ass to get tones out of compared to the peavey (its the easiest modeller to use in my mind)

however, if you could save up a little longer, you could be in a position to buy a peavey valve-king 112 (my brother bought one a couple months back for $415 cad). its all tube and has some very good (far better than i expected for the money) tones that will come far closer to recreating the aforementioned artists than any solid-state amp ever will
Peavey Bandit 112, for $300.

Some people are gonna come around with their cute little tube amp combos, without any doubt...

You should say what kind of playing you'll be doing.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Peavey Bandit 112, for $300.

Some people are gonna come around with their cute little tube amp combos, without any doubt...

You should say what kind of playing you'll be doing.

the rage and the bandit are the same basic amp... not to mention bandits dont sound all that good, ever.

but point well made, what kind of music do you play
+1 to krehzeekid, if you go used, you can easily find a ValveKing in that range. A lot of people will disagree, but I have one, and I know for a fact that it's good for what you mentioned. It has just the right amount of gain, and cleans up stupidly well. And it's all tube. To almost all people, it'll just sound a lot better than solid state amps, and definitely modeling amps.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X