Page 1 of 2
Why it feels more real when i dream than when i am awake.
How can I know if my senses are lying?

Edit: Debate. Reality vs other realities, whatever. *covers*
Editit: Drugs too.

Video - 1:12
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Aug 1, 2010,
Yo have it backwards, yo. Your dreams are real and real life is a dream.

It happens to the best of us.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
inb4 someone mentions inception
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Mources
Why it feels more real when i dream than when im awake.
How can I know if my senses are lying?

Edit: Debate. Reality vs other realities, whatever. *covers*

Derealization.
^That.

I have it too. Shit sucks.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quick! Someone put the idea in his head that he's in true reality before he jumps off a building or something!
Sail upon the open skies
Sure is Matrix in here
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Mources
Why it feels more real when i dream than when im awake.
cuz yer life sux.
why not envision your dreams more vividly than a sucky life?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by T.s.e

Well fml.

That explains my current state.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm assuming you just saw Inception
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by sg255
inb4 someone mentions inception

The Matrix came before Inception.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
TS if this isn't a dream then how do you explain dreams? Also, when you're dreaming, you're technically dreaming so dreams exist but when you're awake, you do not dream, therefore dreams can only be a subset of the reality within dreams, explaining why reality can only exist within dreams. That would mean that reality is a dream and dreams are only so because you dream within a given context that is an idealization of reality. That means reality is a dream.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Aug 1, 2010,
I've seen inception twice - on the front of magazines.

EDIT: took it down... someone will get it im sure
Anyway...
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by smartalec007

And Parmenides came before The Matrix. Doesn't change the fact that Inception is both relevant and timely.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by smartalec007

To be fair this mirrors Inception more as Inception involved dreams as opposed to the Matrix which was a false relity
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by bogeaqyt
Is that quote from "The place promised in our early days"?

It's a quote from Kid's Story.

Which is from the Animatrix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcuUbeqCY6c

1:12

Quote by Trowzaa
To be fair this mirrors Inception more as Inception involved dreams as opposed to the Matrix which was a false relity*

But it's not from contra-ception
Edit: *reality
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Aug 1, 2010,
i hate it when people are all like 'lolz i have de-realisation/depersonalisation'.

now i'm not judging anyone in particular, but i was diagnosed with it a few years ago as an adverse reaction to taking accutane, and the few months i had it were a few of the most terrifying/upsetting months of my life...

not saying any of the folks here who claim to have it are lying, i just find it annoying when people throw the term about because they're feeling a bit strange that week.
Quote by Casketcreep
And existentialism came a long long time before The Matrix.

But the matrix isn't claiming to have intented the idea, just to turn it into a flashy film which made lots of money

STRIKING MINORS
I was just pointing out to the other peeps in the thread that this topic has plagued mankind since the beginning.
In all honesty it's probably not going to be resolved on UG. We should give it a go anyway.

If I was any of my friends who do psychology I would accuse the OP of having acute psychosis, but I'm not a pretentious git who throws big words around for the sake of it.
Quote by Casketcreep
And existentialism came a long long time before The Matrix.

and Descarte came before most of these... he came up with the idea the matrix is based on, that you're being manipulated by an extraneous variable. in the matrix's case machines, in Descartes case a malicious demon.

trust me. its the only thing i got any marks on in my philosophy AS Level...
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by iwontwait
i hate it when people are all like 'lolz i have de-realisation/depersonalisation'.

now i'm not judging anyone in particular, but i was diagnosed with it a few years ago as an adverse reaction to taking accutane, and the few months i had it were a few of the most terrifying/upsetting months of my life...

not saying any of the folks here who claim to have it are lying, i just find it annoying when people throw the term about because they're feeling a bit strange that week.

I've been through the most stressful two years of my life as of yet, and I've been dealing with this derealisation for the better part of this year. I can't function right, I can't seem to focus on any one thing, everything seems hazy, nothing sticks in my memory, it's like looking at the world from behind a fogged up window. I failed three classes because no matter how bad I wanted to, I couldn't pull my head out of this ****ed up little dementia it's in, and pull myself back together.

I'm not one of the people who's all "lololol i have derelizashun lol cuz i liek dreem n stuff"

I've been there, and ****, still dealing with it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Mources
It's a quote from Kid's Story.

Which is from the Animatrix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcuUbeqCY6c

1:12

But it's not from contra-ception
Edit: *reality

God damn it, I'm too sleepy to type properly, or am I actually not sleepy and have already fallen asleep and this is a dream?!? OMG, WHAT IF I DON'T EXIST? *gunshot sound*
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by iwontwait

This. But im almost used to it, asexuality ****s up all that shit.

I had my almost six month period of depersonalization after I attempted suicide back when I was a (whinier than I am now) teenager.
Either because our data is insufficient, or because our processing equipment is not fully on line, our own nocturnal processing is part-time work. The information our conscious minds receive during waking hours is processed by our unconscious during so-called "deep sleep." We are in deep sleep only two or three hours a night. For the rest of our sleeping session, the unconscious mind is off duty. It gets bored. It craves recreation. So it plays with the material at hand. In a sense, it plays with itself. It scrambles memories, juggles images, rearranges data, invents scary or titillating stories. This is what we call dreaming. Some people believe that we process information during dreams. Quite the contrary. A dream is the mind having fun when there is no processing to keep it busy. In the future, when we become more efficient at gathering information and when floral consciousness becomes dominant, we will probably sleep longer hours and dream hardly at all.*

*Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
Quote by Rt1Rebel
floral consciousness
lol
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
lol

Dude, It's an excerpt from a 350 page epic, expect a reference you cannnot begin to comprehend.
Quick, someone spin a top or throw a loaded die!

Quote by Rt1Rebel
Either because our data is insufficient, or because our processing equipment is not fully on line, our own nocturnal processing is part-time work. The information our conscious minds receive during waking hours is processed by our unconscious during so-called "deep sleep." We are in deep sleep only two or three hours a night. For the rest of our sleeping session, the unconscious mind is off duty. It gets bored. It craves recreation. So it plays with the material at hand. In a sense, it plays with itself. It scrambles memories, juggles images, rearranges data, invents scary or titillating stories. This is what we call dreaming. Some people believe that we process information during dreams. Quite the contrary. A dream is the mind having fun when there is no processing to keep it busy. In the future, when we become more efficient at gathering information and when floral consciousness becomes dominant, we will probably sleep longer hours and dream hardly at all.*

*Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

Our subconscious masturbates!

He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by valennic
Well fml.

That explains my current state.

This. I don't think there is somtething seriously wrong with me but now I'm wondering if this is also my current state.
Quit writing in green to prove that you do drugs pl0x.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Quit writing in green to prove that you do drugs pl0x.

it's supposed to hint at The Matrix... >_>

However, I don't deny the drug accusations
STRIKING MINORS
The Matrix....It's Real!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Page 1 of 2