Hey again everyone,

I know I posted a similar question the other day but due to a reading error I gave the guitars brand as Modena, this is wrong, it is actually a Morena.

If anyone knows anything about this company; The "Morena Musical Instrument Co" (all I have found so far is that it was a Spanish based Instrument manufacture back in the 60's, presumably no longer existent).

The standard Google search returns very little to nothing, I may have to start making phone calls. Not too worried, it would just be nice to have some info on the guitar (I already have a strong connection to it) I get tingly feelings when I play/hold this thing (even with its old rusty strings, must be the age of the thing callin' out to me, that or mild electrocution?).

This guitar has a Soul of it's own, I HAVE to play this thing in front of people regardless, maybe its "enigma" status is a good thing?

Please refer to my previous post for pics:-

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24865250#post24865250

Peace!
Last edited by Carter7777 at Aug 2, 2010,
God am I doing this right? Was I supposed to make a thread? All I wanted to do was post a message, sorry if i'm f'ing this up.
Took it to some people and I am a very proud owner of a Tiesco collectable, we couldn't locate the exact model but that just mite mean it's a VERY rare make indeed (who here can remember seeing a laminated neck before?), anyone else have anything to add?

BTW I'm not selling this baby, not until I've played it in front of a packed auditorium! But even then I'll probably only grow fonder of my Morena.

Peace!
I'm still getting used to this setup, the reposts were made in error my bad.

BTW don't you have anything better to do besides going around posting "Reported" messages, go play some guitar man.
Fender Strat SE Special - Tobacco Sunburst
-
Tiesco Del Ray Morena - Cherry Sunburst
-
Aria Electrocoustic AW 20-CE - Natural
-
Onyx Custom Craft Bass - Pearl
-
Zealot to Rock, Country, Blues.
Hendrix is my muse, as are all the Greats.
~~~
Well, now you know. You get one thread per topic, and double posting is considered spam. Also, don't be a jerk to people who like to keep the rules enforced.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Carter7777
I'm still getting used to this setup, the reposts were made in error my bad.

BTW don't you have anything better to do besides going around posting "Reported" messages, go play some guitar man.

the rules are there so everyone enjoys the forums without the harassed by spammers, i assume Kyle closed the other thread. and i spend more hours per day playing guitar than you ever will, i use these forums and other sites as a knowledge base which is constructive to being a guitarist which is alot different than being a guitar player.

my initial intention was to inform the mods of your mistake as a favour to you because they generally don`t read every thread in the hope that it would simply be deleted.

now grow up stop spamming and flaming and keep UG a happy place
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 2, 2010,
{edit, said in anger, I don't mean it}

You guys are a bunch of touchy girls! Grow some balls! It wasn't spam.

I highly doubt you play more guitar than me cause you seemingly spend your day bitching about pointless shit on this forum to complete strangers. You think I care about a double post made in error! In error! I got bigger cares.

There are plenty of guitar forums on the web, you think you can belittle me over a double post error, go get a life you loser, also go **** yourself!

It was a MISTAKE, go off an cry now....damn people think they can whinge at me, go whinge to your mother, Betsy! Where I come from only women bitch.

Peace!

(I don't want enemies, but also I'm not going to suck up to a moderator of some random guitar forum I picked from Google, so can we drop it here, or are you going to kick me?)
-
-
-
-
~~~
you just don`t know when to quit, i`ve been playing and teaching guitar alot longer than you`ve been on the planet. and use these forums to impart my knowledge and opinions of guitars and related gear and techniques i use these forums as such and to give me a break from writing my 2nd and 3rd albums, hell if you look at my history for this year you`ll notice a 2month sabbatical when i was getting some serious guitar related work done. oh i`ve got balls and kids, atleast that proves that i know what to do with them.
Much respect man, I don't want any bad blood, peace? I also take back what I said if you can forget what was said?

My biggest problem is that my voice gets loud very quickly (country born, loud & proud) I can't help getting fiery when provoked I think I have a chemical imbalance...but who doesn't these days am I right? (joke)

Again, I don't want enemies, just to get along in peace and harmony...one love and all that ^_^

For the record, I've only been playing on and off since I was 12 (26 now), and I've only had an electric again for the past two years (thanks for that Hendrix, my muse!), so yes I concede you are certainly a superior guitarist, but I'm trying to make up for lost time by devoting almost all of my non-working hours (which is a lot, no kids, married to the land kinda thing) to guitar (I also play Keyboard/Piano, Blues-Harp, Drums and Vocals) but the guitar is my real passion and I hope to also share in that wealth of information you have.

I play till my finger tips are stingin, have a smoke then keep playin, I want bleeding finger tips so I keep strummin, I'm startin to think it's just an expression, or maybe I'm not expressin' hard enough? Hmm that gives me an idea for a song! Damn that just came to me.

Sorry & Peace Guys!
-
-
-
-
~~~
C'mon guys. Can't we all get along.

He is just following the rules so don't get mad at him. Also, he isn't a moderator, because if he was you would be banned right now for some of the things you have said.

To answer your question though, never heard of that guitar company.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Again I'm sorry,

But banned for speaking my mind, I should hope not! What happened to freedom of speech, I know I know board rules...
-
-
-
-
~~~
Man, I went through all this on a gun forum a few years back.

No such thing as freedom of speech on a forum. Yes it is a public forum, BUT you are signing up as a member to be able to post, which then makes it private, which then allows the site to make up any rules they want. I know it sucks but that it how it is.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Fair enough, trust me, I can play by the rules when I know the rules (I haven't had an online presence in almost ten years, only been on facebook for bout a year), so I'm working on my Netiquette.

But it'd be cool to have a place to hang out online and talk about music so I'd like to stay and not get kicked.

The names Rob but my friends call me Carter.
-
-
-
-
~~~
This is a very good informative forum to be a part of. It seems to be maily a UK site, but it IS the best site for tab, music info, and just chatting with people about music.

Glad to have you here. Those of us who can, will help you to the best of our knowledge, whenever possible.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Cheers man, that makes me feel welcome, and definitely not angry anymore, sometimes I just take things too personally.

What you reckon ibanezgod1973?

Anyways it's 5 in the morning and I still haven't finished cleaning & stringing this Morena thing I've been talkin bout, I ended up lightly sanding and reapplying a coating of estapol/lacquer to the headstock, looking bloody good, can't wait to put these new strings on and thrash to some vintage electrics!

Anyways, gonna go light up a stanky, fat-one, then bed, peace out ya'll!
-
-
-
-
~~~
Oh and Rokeman, turns out, that distortion effect happens when all three of the pick ups are turned on/activated via the three switches at the top, makes for a good range of sounds.
-
-
-
-
~~~
just get back to positive posting, but spend some time watching how the site works, your comments were water of a ducks back, i don`t take things personally on the web, like you said earlier we`re strangers and no-one can actually hurt anyone on the web

anyways back to the music
Ibanezgod1973 is very informative and a nice guy. Don't take what he said personally, they are just rules.

You will see his name around here a lot because he does try to help people when he can, and he's got a sweet ass Ibanez JEM, which I hate him for. HAHA
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
LOL, Thanks guys! Back to the music like you said ^_^
-
-
-
-
~~~
Rules are rules, and we enforce them for a reason. I don't expect you to suck up to me, but I do expect you to respect the rules you agreed to respect when you registered, or you will be banned. What you did was relatively harmless, sure, but to dismiss it even when I've let it slide is pushing the line. Let's stop the bickering and whining, and I'll overlook it all again, and maybe we can move on and live happy lives.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Indeed, no prob man!

Hope to catch you around the forums!
-
-
-
-
~~~