im getting a deal on Rode NT4 on craigslist for $250 online. A used pair that is...

I am not really into getting pro mics, but at this price I am wondering if I should go ahead and get it

What do you guys think i should do...

On top of this I may need an interface then with at least 8 simultaneus tracks to use with the laptop, as Id like to record our rehearsals with individually mic'd tracks.
Personally I've never used the Nt4s but having used the Nt1A, Nt2A and Nt5s I can vouch for the fact that for the money you pay, Rode have consistently impressed me. There are many better mics out there but as I say considering the price of them, they rarely deliver less than very good results. In my experience at least.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I have also used the Rode NT1A in the past and have loved it. I have not used the NT4 though...but I can see it being a great stereo mic for the studio. I would use it for things like Pianos and drum overheads.

As for interfaces look into the following:
M-Audio Profire 2626
PreSonus Firestudio Project

These connect via firewire so be sure your computer has one of those ports as well as can handle working with reading/writing all those tracks at once.
As a Rode fan myself, but never having used the NT4, I'll give a +1 to everything so far.

Just curious, though.... can you play back 8 tracks through your laptop? With lower drive speeds that laptops offer, I'd make sure that it is possible first.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
If its like my NT1-A, buy it. If I remember correctly, Rode uses the same capsules on all their mics. So you're gonna have a similar sound to a higher end Rode mic.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
The pre's on the ProFire are fantastic for the money it costs. Happy with mine (if I wasn't having trouble getting it to run with Pro Tools...damn clocks :p). But as axemanchris said, make sure your laptop can handle the load you intend to put on it before investing.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society