I'm the guitarist in a band. I sing backgrounds and so does my bassist, and we do You Really Got Me and Runnin' With The Devil by Van Halen. How do you do these backgrounds vocals like Van Halen does?
It was Michael Anthony on backing vocals I believe. And Steve Luakther done some too. I am unsure what you mean by "how do you do them" though.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Solid S/hit
It was Michael Anthony on backing vocals I believe. And Steve Luakther done some too. I am unsure what you mean by "how do you do them" though.

I knew Anthony was a big part in it but I'm wondering whats low or high . i cant tell which pitch its in because it has such a nice blend.
From memory, they usually attach themselves to one or two words, then sing the root, 3rd and/or 5th of that chord, whilst the lead singer/melody continues on. For example on "You Really Got Me" the backings go "Oh Yeah", singing the intervals of the chord underneath, stepping up the "oh yeah" when it goes to the next one.

Learn some scales/keys (yes the same ones as guitars/all instruments) and you'll be able to figure it out.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
From memory, they usually attach themselves to one or two words, then sing the root, 3rd and/or 5th of that chord, whilst the lead singer/melody continues on. For example on "You Really Got Me" the backings go "Oh Yeah", singing the intervals of the chord underneath, stepping up the "oh yeah" when it goes to the next one.

Learn some scales/keys (yes the same ones as guitars/all instruments) and you'll be able to figure it out.

thanks a lot im gonna have to try that
Also, didn't diamond dave somehow do some kind of harmony with his single voice? I remember hearing something about that...