So I got an INSANE deal on a hot rod deluxe today ($300). I love the tone (I know many people hate hot rod deluxes and ill admit the overdrive is very lacking) but after a good hour of playing the volume knob got.... weird. Not the master volume but the volume on the clean channel. The volume stays about the same level anywhere from 0-8. But at about 12 it sounds like a vibrato effect. Cutting in and out. I'm taking the amp to the local amp shop here in my town tomorrow for a retube. But will this fix it? If not whats going on? What will fix it?
12? If you've got the thing all the way up and it's doing that, it definitely sounds like a tube issue.
Quote by KG6_Steven
12? If you've got the thing all the way up and it's doing that, it definitely sounds like a tube issue.

Ahhh I was hoping so! The od thing is it wont change volume. It stays at around 1 and 1/2 no matter where the volume knob is. I suppose this will be resolved tomorrow! Do you think its pre amp or power amp? Or should I just suck it up and do all of em at one time.