I currently have an Ibanez prestige rg 2550, I'm planning on selling it and buying a more versatile guitar with no FR. I'm probably going to be getting a white strat, but should I get an SSS or and HSS? Most of the music I play now is metal, but once I get my strat i'm going to be starting to learn theory and to read music so i'll want a wider range of tones. My question is would getting an HSS strat let me still be able to get a more metal tone for when I want to go back and play any of the tons of metal songs i know?
sure it will, if you chuck in a nice high output humbucker in the bridge of the HSS...

the amp is the main question though.
Depends what you are playing.

I tend to use my HSS Strat more than my SSS ones...you will want the HSS for metal

...remember, however, you can have an HSS changed to SSS are reverse fairly easy. One of the great advantages of Fender Strats is versatility.
Yea, I was thinking of maybe getting a duncan invader put in it if I couldn't get the tone I wanted. Also, how easy is it to change pickgaurds on strats and put on a custom one?
Quote by Aikoe
Yea, I was thinking of maybe getting a duncan invader put in it if I couldn't get the tone I wanted. Also, how easy is it to change pickgaurds on strats and put on a custom one?

Easy as pie... just unscrew the pick guard, put the new one in instead.

You can find loaded pickguards all over the net and at your local guitar stores.

Ebay and Guitarfetish are places I would look first.
For metal, you'll be better with a HSS. Additionally, many people think that HSS-Strats are far more versatile. I co-sign this opinion. So yes, get a HSS-Strat.
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
I would say go for a HSS. Much more versatile and your going to need a humbuck if you want to play metal.
why do u want a strat? I think the rg2550 is more versatile. It's a HSH config with a 5 way selecter switch. Isn't that versatile enough? The HSS strat is the same except it has a single coil in the neck. If u play metal most of the time, keep the Ibanez. U dont need a strat to learn theory and read music.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt