If you're planning a trip to Japan and can't afford to buy software to learn Japanese, how do you plan to get over to Japan? You do realize it costs money to travel.

Konichiwa.
Quote by MegaSlayerdeth
Yeah, exactly that, my budget is split between saving for the trip and general musical needs.

What kind of needs? Do you really need a new guitar/amp/whatever immediately?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Tough situation, mate. Just did a Google search on "Free Japanese Lesson" and came up with several free sites.

Gokouun o inorimasu!
probably not nearly as good as rosetta stone but a free source of info would be the library, im sure they would at least have something like an english to japanese dictionary or maybe something else helpfull? maybe not, i havent been in a library in a long time haha... but no harm in a visit to ask
Quote by Xezus
probably not nearly as good as rosetta stone but a free source of info would be the library, im sure they would at least have something like an english to japanese dictionary or maybe something else helpfull? maybe not, i havent been in a library in a long time haha... but no harm in a visit to ask

Yeah, I got'cha. I'm looking for something more like long term learning, I don't want to cram everything in all at once (NOT AN INNUENDO)
Quote by rocker222
Rosetta stone crack?

Bad idea. A lot of that hacked software has been jacked up by the hackers. You think you're saying "Good afternoon, sir.", when it reality, you're actually telling the guy "You're wife is hot. May I feel her up?"

Don't think you want to start an international incident by doing something like that. Bad. Bad. Very bad.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
http://www.youtube.com/user/bumnumba1?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/9987A659670D60E0
This guy helped me so much when i was learning japanese. Don't watch if you don't like alcohol and swear words though. Look at his japanese course, and a lot of his other videos are funny.

Thanks, looks pretty good after just a glance-over. Should help. Thanks again!
Have you tried Livemocha?

I don't know if it's good or not, but it's online and it's free.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
buy rosetta stone. you can pay for a trip to japan so you should be able to buy rosetta stone?
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
buy the genki textbooks. go to your local library and check out the language section, see what they have.

search online for flashcard type resources to help you learn the hiragana, katakana, and some basic kanji. learn them in that order.

there are ways to download the japanese character language pack. search for it or jsut borrow the windows disc from a friend.
Download "Before You Know It". It's a free language program.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.