Poll: changing guitar knobs
Poll Options
View poll results: changing guitar knobs
is stupid
1 4%
something to customize with
27 96%
Voters: 28.
I manage to take the knobs of of my stratocaster and switch them with my ephiphone ones. they kinda look cool since they look a bit differen't.

Although I don't see many people with guitars that have differen't looking knobs.

Am I the only person to do this because its such an unnecessary custom thing to do or do people do randomly change there guitar knobs?
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

I has Encore strat, specail 2 les paul, a classic guitar, ebow, Vox v845 Classic wah wah pedal WBO pedal
People change the appearance of their guitars as they see fit. Many guitar makers try to put the most aesthetically pleasing knobs that go with the guitar, so no real reason to change them.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
ive switched my knobs around from guitar to guitar just because i forget which ones are which when i rewire em and trade pots from guitar to guitar
i buy and put black speed knobs on all my guitars.... i just like how they feel and look.
I put black knobs on my jagmaster because I thought the white witch hat knobs looked like shit on it. I also plan on putting white knobs on my black SG just for the hell of it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by jamesclark111
I manage to take the knobs of of my stratocaster and switch them with my ephiphone ones. they kinda look cool since they look a bit differen't.

Although I don't see many people with guitars that have differen't looking knobs.

Am I the only person to do this because its such an unnecessary custom thing to do or do people do randomly change there guitar knobs?

Didn't read much of the thread, but keep in mind the majority of people who play guitar won't ever customize their instrument. That may be why you don't see many people who change the knobs. If you like the way it looks go for it though! :P
I could go either way on this topic. Like I think if the knobs look stupid and there is better looking ones for it great! Change it! But sometimes I think that the knobs that come stock on the guitar looks best. I dig that idea of yours though, can you post some pics?
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
Quote by KingDime666
I could go either way on this topic. Like I think if the knobs look stupid and there is better looking ones for it great! Change it! But sometimes I think that the knobs that come stock on the guitar looks best. I dig that idea of yours though, can you post some pics?

I tried. Stupid camera ain't working
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

I has Encore strat, specail 2 les paul, a classic guitar, ebow, Vox v845 Classic wah wah pedal WBO pedal
Quote by KingDime666

This. I don't think its stupid, if you don't like them change them. Usually, most guitars have knobs that already look good on the guitar, so I leave them. I especially like Les Paul Custom AP black knobs.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)