Page 1 of 3
S'all in the title. I figured some of us might have some interesting shit to say with this question.

For me, I can't say that to my knowledge I've been very close to death. The two closest times I can think of is 1. Driving on I-10 in the middle of the day, with traffic and shit going 110 mph (I was an idiot, then. It was in my mother's cadillac cts, and I wasn't even insured. Needles to say it was fucking cool as shit, though.), and 2. Driving on the same interstate going 70 mph, when I guy going ~85-90 mph cuts me off, and if I hadn't swerved into the other lane immediately, it would have definitely been a terrible accident.

Yeah, no close-close calls for me, but you guys?
he sat beside me once
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I tripped on my dad's foot when I was around 4 and hit my head on a video case in mediaplay. They told me the impact was a hair's width from making a fatal fracture.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Numerous substance abuse times when I was younger.

One of the more funny times was when my mum took me and my next older brother on the interisland ferry (I live in New Zealand, the ferry is like a small cruise ship that goes between the North and South Island)

Anyway I was like 7 and my brother was 9... He decided to hang me off the side of the ship on the top deck (maybe 5 stories high) by my ankles lol. If he had dropped me I would have been sucked into the propellers...

Man did he get a hiding when mum caught him doing that lol.
When I was about 9 or 8 years old I swam with friends in a lake, the current took me away far from the shore. I was about to drown. I struggled a lot to resist the current and I came back to the shore

traumatized
Quote by AhViaMusicom
When I was about 9 or 8 years old I swam with friends in a lake, the current took me away far from the shore. I was about to drown. I struggled a lot to resist the current and I came back to the shore

traumatized

Wat?
i dosed off for a second after a long morning of driving, on a 3 lane interstate, and over-corrected the wheel when i opened my eyes and realized i was a few feet away from the median. my car spun around 180 degrees and i ended up facing oncoming traffic. luckily there wasn't a car directly near me.
Well one time I was on a train and this Middle Eastern guy with a bomb-sized bag sat right next to me. Scared the shit out of me, particularly when I realized the train went right past a military base.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
My dad parked behind this guy at a red light. On the train tracks. And the train came. And he panicked and went in reverse just in time.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Had a cop pull a gun on me and my friends when I was 15.

Also had a wooden 2 story deck fall on my head and crack it open. I had blood gushing from the top of my head and my whole body was covered in blood. I had to walk to the hospital to get fixed up, and I was dozing in and out of conciousness.

Shit sucked, yo.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
when i was an infant, i ran into a hotel hot tub....i was a bright one...
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by darius606
When I held a loaded .12 gauge to my head.

Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Last night, Me and my friends were walking home at 4 in the morning. This car goes past us and stops in the middle of the road, the guys get out, so we take off, they get back in the car and chase us. We ran over 3 miles darting through neighborhoods to get away. I was ****ing scared.
R.I.P foREVer
Close enough to realize I prefer drinking beer and looking at tits.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
when I was 5 I jumped up and down on a table with a glass cover like a dumbass and cut my head open
after birth, i survived almost certain death.

the docs gave me a 25% chance to live.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
once my swimming trunks got tangled in some floating thing on the pool the lifeguard sucked i almost drowned
also once we were playing with fire works and i caught on fire not sure how close to death i was but i couuld have died from it
i fell off a high hill a few years ago i stopped rolling right before i got to the cliff part shit was scary
Quote by Braiton
I got inside a cab driven by a woman.
Even though women jokes are really over-done and not funny in The Pit, this one was gold.
alcohol poisoning, it was a bitch apperantly i got naked infront of my parents before i went comatose for like 8 hours,
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Congradulations, you are a genious even if you are intoxicated.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
lucky bastard and your knowlegde of chemical engineering...

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

:stickpoke why dose yellow hate blue? WHY!
When I was three I was playing behind my Dad's car. My Dad was going to back out. My Mom came out to give him something before he left. When I heard my Mom's voice I walked towards her. Both of them were all
also: i survived a head crap.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by The Madcap
Even though women jokes are really over-done and not funny in The Pit, this one was gold.

It wasn't a joke. The bitch drove like the police were on her tail. ****ing crazy bitch.
One time I was being a tard and driving way too fast on a country road, met a car in a tight corner and i had to cut the corner closer than I had intended to. I just about lost control, but I missed them somehow. They honked at me. I felt like a jerk.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

11 years ago when I went to a rec center for a friend's birthday party, I made the mistake of getting separated from the rest of the group and therefore almost drowned in a part of the pool that was 4' 6" deep (keep in mind I was 8 at the time, and apparently didn't see the depth markers). Fortunately some random guy swimming nearby saw me struggling and carried me out of the water, and I was eventually able to rejoin the rest of the group (while coughing up water like nobody's business). I probably wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for him...

Needless to say, I felt miserable for the rest of the evening.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

when I was 8, I choked with some chicken and wasn't able to breathe for what seemed like an eternity. my dad grabbed me by the legs and shaked me until the food got out of the way.

5 minutes later, a piece of chicken came out of my nose.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
6 years old, almost drowned in a pool (got stuck on something)

14 years old, almost ran over the director of the FBI on my bike while he was surrounded by armed agents. I am not making this up - he was buying groceries and I was biking around in the parking lot. In my defense he got out of the car very suddenly.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by acade365
when I was 8, I choked with some chicken and wasn't able to breathe for what seemed like an eternity. my dad grabbed me by the legs and shaked me until the food got out of the way.

5 minutes later, a piece of chicken came out of my nose.

I'll leave the chicken choking jokes to others.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
In soviet russia, chicken chokes you!
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
In Communist China, dog feed you!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
When I was very little (I had just learned how to walk), I crawled behind the barrier and almost walked off the Grand Canyon. My dad got me at last second though.

My grandmother loves to tell me that story every time I see her.

I also overdosed about two years ago.

Thats about it.
I have a fear of deep water, when I get submerged, my body goes into shock and I have a full panic attack. Well I slipped on a boat ramp near Corpus Cristi, Texas and fell into the Gulf of Mexico. I scraped both of my legs on some huge rocks, and barely managed to grab onto a rock and pull myself up (not sure how I did that). I got pulled out of the water with these huge gashes in my leg, and I was shaking convulsively, while barely being able to breathe.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
idk how close this is but whatever. i got really drunk with my friends, and i passed out on the couch on my back, with my head up, and my friend john's older brother danny, was playing NHL 09 with my friend joey and joey kicked his ass and danny yelled **** in my face and then i turned my head and looked at him then passed out. later that night i threw up a shit load in my sleep. and i dont remember any of this, im just going on my friend joey's word, so yea. i guess that's close to death
Fell of a table and cracked my head on a marble floor when i was like 3 or 4.

and I was heading toward a fork in the road, where everyone normally turns right. Well a guy comes out from that right side of the road (blind) and comes right out into the middle of the fork in front of me going about 50 (its like a 25 MPH road). Somehow we ****in swerved AROUND eachother so we were both on the wrong side of the road, and then ANOTHER mother****ing asshole comes speeding down the LEFT side of the fork going about 45 (this side is also blind) and I'm in his ****in lane.

Luckily I managed to get back just in time, but he would have T-boned my side of the car at about 50 MPH.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
today when i was riding my motorcycle an old lady just about turned right infront of me.

i breaked and was prepared but damn that scared the shit out of me.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
when i was 10 riding a razor (remember them things haha) and there was this old looking guy in an old white van following me for 3 blocks smiling at me keeping pace, he opened the van door and i ditched the razor running for the nearest house. he closed the door and took off.
Last edited by rocker222 at Aug 1, 2010,
My friend and I almost got ran over by a truck in NYC walking back to Grand Central after a concert.
Page 1 of 3