Im getting into solos more these days and been having a bit of trouble with double vibrato and bends, like this:

I marked the vibratos in red. How should i go about them? I try catch both strings with the index but the vibrato isn't strong, using .10 strings might make it harder too. Any tips on this? Should i just use two fingers(although this would be hard at the higher frets 12-22)?

Also double bends(i think thats the name for them) like Zakk Wylde and Slash use:

Should i try to fret the strings with two fingers(one finger per string) or bend as normal but try catch the lower string with the tip of the finger fretting the higher string(with the fingers behind giving support to the lower string)??
i use 2 fingers(1 on each string) because if i try to bend both with 1 finger it tend to bend 1 more than the other
The first I expect I would barre with index finger, but it would also depend on how wide a vibrato you want.

The second I would use two fingers. In fact, the 13 in the third bar suggests you might want to use fingers three and four. That's what I do for the double bend near the end of the solo in Sublime's Santaria.
Quote by mskasson
The first I expect I would barre with index finger, but it would also depend on how wide a vibrato you want.

The second I would use two fingers. In fact, the 13 in the third bar suggests you might want to use fingers three and four. That's what I do for the double bend near the end of the solo in Sublime's Santaria.

With the first one i try barring the index, although it doesn't result in a particularly wide vibrato.

The second one i have been trying the do with the ring finger on the thinner string but using the other fingers to "catch" the B string and pull it toward the tip of the ring finger so that both strings are caught but using the other fingers to support the B string.

Any other tips on this?
MD09,

No idea on the first, but as to the second, even if you develop good "technique' at grabbing more than one string, it will always be a little off because they are bending different amounts, so their relative relationship is now changed.

I'd work on doing the two fingered two string bend.
when doing any "rock" vibrato (not classical[horizontal]) always use your wrist and never your fingers, like move your wrist in a semi-circular fashion.
If both notes are being bent, you should use one finger across both of them (they will automatically bend up by different amounts because of the different tensions on the strings).

If only one is being bent, you should use a finger (usually first) to hold one note in place and use other fingers to bend the others (this could take practice).
Quote by chainsawguitar
If both notes are being bent, you should use one finger across both of them (they will automatically bend up by different amounts because of the different tensions on the strings).

If only one is being bent, you should use a finger (usually first) to hold one note in place and use other fingers to bend he others (this could take practice).

When both strings are bent, i bend them upward and i "catch" the thicker string at the very tip of the ring finger(while at the same time im catching the thinner string with the same finger), so it is fretted but i use the index and middle fingers to assist in bringing the thicker string down closer to the tip of the ring finger and also in the bend itself.

Im still having trouble with the double vibrato though. I found this Zakk Wylde video where he teaches double vibrato but with .10 strings the vibrato is pretty weak With two fingers it works better but its hard to do after the 10th fret...