Im trying to get a very aggressive Jbass sounding attack through my pbass. I was wondering how i could do this. I think either i could stuck a jbass pickup into the bridge section or just mess with the eq, but does anyone know of the best solution? I generally play very trebley with almost nonexistant lows and a little bit of drive
the best way to get the sound of a J bridge pick up is to put a J bridge pick up on your guitar. btw, when I think of aggressive attack, I think of a P pick up.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by poisonwater
Im trying to get a very aggressive Jbass sounding attack through my pbass. I was wondering how i could do this. I think either i could stuck a jbass pickup into the bridge section or just mess with the eq, but does anyone know of the best solution? I generally play very trebley with almost nonexistant lows and a little bit of drive

From your description, it sounds like you're looking for a guitar rather than a bass.
Mmm...It's hard to tell you how to get a J bass sound on a P. Especially when it comes to attack because the attack on a P bass is usually preferred. maybe add more bass and low mid. keep the treble boosted but not at 11. I think messing with the EQ will only get you so far with a P bass. This would be a bit easier to fix if it was the other way around.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Trade your P for a J, then everyone wins, especially you!

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

This is odd. I'd bring it up with some professionals...

P and J are sold as different types for a reason! Haha.

Well, best of luck.