Allow me to indulge in your time. Let you expand your mind to completely altering the way you live.

How many of you believe that changing your perspective in life can have drastic effects on the way you live?

Such as I, I have had paranoia for quite some time now, and sometimes I even believe I am going to die by some illness, but one day, I just thought to myself..You know, Jon...What are you wasting your life for, even if you do have an illness?

What's the point of moping around all day?

So I stopped, and I feel much better. I work hard, and although my grades aren't where I want them to be, every day is a new day, and it's worth trying for.

Now, this isn't to gloat. It's just to share an example of when changing my perspective from looking at the world as nothing, to something I should I be apart of.

This thread isn't for people who think "Hey, I'm an adult now, I'll go do adult stuff" and then stop the next day because you're too lazy (such as that comic). I mean a genuine change in yourself. S

Well go on, share if you wish or just discuss. You didn't enter this thread because you saw my user name.

You can tell it's not in a blog, because it's in a thread.

inb4 all of your memes. All of them.
I like your cat
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

My perspective pretty much.

Absurdism, therefore, is a philosophy stating that the efforts of humanity to find inherent meaning in the universe will ultimately fail (and hence are absurd), because no such meaning exists, at least in relation to the individual.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
I try to expand my perspective everyday. It's what sets me apart from everyone else who likes to live their same old everyday lives.

edit: Oh, ha that comic was amusing.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by jeff541
**** it we're on a rock in space.

Sometimes I can't help but feel like this.

While I am comfortable with my general outlook on life (I don't like it, but I am comfortable with it, if that makes sense), I definitely try to see stuff from as many different perspectives as possible.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Perspectives, man.

Makes you think.

Definitely amusing and it has a point, but this is real life and I don't think we should compare reality to Star Wars. Especially making the point that religious extremist terrorists= Luke Skywalker who was a Jedi and wanted to make the universe a better place vs Darth Vader, a Sith Lord who's goal was to kill all the Jedi and use the force for evil.

/nerd with a point
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Kenvy, my cat is your cat.

The Matrix is an awesome movie. With a sort of lame ending, but it is made up by the appearance of Morpheus.

Funny comic, I liked it.

Good on you Pencil. I like the way you think.

Quote by jeff541
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

My perspective pretty much.

Absurdism, therefore, is a philosophy stating that the efforts of humanity to find inherent meaning in the universe will ultimately fail (and hence are absurd), because no such meaning exists, at least in relation to the individual.

I cannot believe in such absurdity.

However, you make a point..But every point must have an end. Leading to no more possibilities. I'd rather my points be compared to fountains.

More and more ideas shooting out from the top, falling, mixing into the pool of water beneath...The ideas are taken back to the top, and thrown forth again. Some ideas spill outside, but this is compensated by the rain bringing new ideas into existence.

Anyways, rambling aside, I believe that anything with life has meaning in the sense of our planet. You know?

We're not just some rock, we have given meaning to Earth, and by meaning, I mean a sense of closeness. It is our planet, and where we live. Just as how you give meaning to your fish, you are responsible for them, and they rely on you.

I'm not trying to start a philosophical debate since my knowledge comes to an end very shortly.

Anyways, I've got to work in the morning, so a night's sleep is all I can ask for tonight.
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by GibsonMan321
Definitely amusing and it has a point, but this is real life and I don't think we should compare reality to Star Wars. Especially making the point that religious extremist terrorists= Luke Skywalker who was a Jedi and wanted to make the universe a better place vs Darth Vader, a Sith Lord who's goal was to kill all the Jedi and use the force for evil.

/nerd with a point

And those we call terrorists believe that they are trying to make their world a better place.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
And those we call terrorists believe that they are trying to make their world a better place.

Because they have a different perspective than everyone else. OH****
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by me_llamo_juan

By killing innocent people.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
By killing innocent people.

Do you think the people building the 2nd Death Star were all Imperials? Helllll no they outsourced that shit
Quote by Gman400
By killing innocent stormtroopers.

>_>

OT: I am a major supporter of shifting your perspective.

However you see fit.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Definitely amusing and it has a point, but this is real life and I don't think we should compare reality to Star Wars. Especially making the point that religious extremist terrorists= Luke Skywalker who was a Jedi and wanted to make the universe a better place vs Darth Bush, an American President who's goal was to kill all the Muslim leaders and use their oil for America evil.

Whoops.

Also, for a perspective change in my life, I recently went to see Inception whilst in an altered state of mind. I now have trouble believing my life is real.
The original perspective mindfuck

That Star Wars thing was also pretty interesting.

EDIT: Terrorism - the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims.
In that context the Empire was closer to terrorism, what's more intimidating than the Death Star or the Force Choke?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by jeff541
**** it we're on a rock in space.

thats my persective. f*** it

no point in complaining.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Hi, I am new in this forum.
My perspective satisfy me when I want to do something..
Regards!
Last edited by Japcy07 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by severed-metal
Perspectives
you mean like POV? yeah, i'm totally into that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by MakinLattes
yeah... I realized, quite a while ago, that just complaining all the time gets nothing done.

Sigged. Honestly one of the wisest quotes I've heard in a while, particularly for discussing politics.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
you mean like POV? yeah, i'm totally into that.

He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by severed-metal
How many of you believe that changing your perspective in life can have drastic effects on the way you live?

I believe this. On the other hand I'm not the best at practicing it. I turned 18 today, so I technically have become an adult. With this adulthood I need to take charge of my life, stop being so lazy. Tomorrow I need to start my gym routine again. I also need to go to the bank. We'll see how that goes; I'll get back to this thread.
I've found out that I feel pretty shitty if i'm constantly sitting around doing the same thing every day that I don't enjoy. I get in moods where instead of making something happen I wait for something to happen. That is a philosophy that fails everytime, for me. But the times in which i've had things in my mind that i'd like to accomplish I feel great. It's almost like a feeling of rebirth.

So basically, changing your mindset does wonders for things. The more perspectives you learn to understand, the better off you are.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Japcy07
Hi, I am new in this forum.
My perspective satisfy me when I want to do something..
Regards!
lol. babblebot.

that advertising link in your sig will go away when yer banned.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.