ok so i ordered my laney vh100r last week and it should be here the middle of the week. the only problem is that i dont have a cab to play it through. its ok tho because my friend has a backup crate cab he will be letting me borrow for a while till i get a cab of my own. speakers in it are kinda shitty so im trying to get one asap haha.

i would very much like a 212, i dont really think i need a 412, nor do i have space for it. (or money for that matter)

id like to keep it as cheap as possible, while still maintaining a good quality. i dont have money for one at the moment, but im in the process of selling some stuff and im imagining my budget to be 200-300$, but rec me whatever you think fit even if its a little more i guess.

i know little about cab brands so if you say a certain brand is good, why?

idk if it matters much but i like british voiced sounds(laney lol) and im into prog rock/metal like opeth, anekdoten, alcest, dream theater
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

From what I've heard about them, they have really good durablilty and are amazing quality for the price. Not to mention the fact that you get to choose your own speakers.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i was actually just checking their site about because ive heard about them around here before, and it looks really promising but it might be a tad expensive, but ill def keep them in mind if i choose to save up more.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
i was actually just checking their site about because ive heard about them around here before, and it looks really promising but it might be a tad expensive, but ill def keep them in mind if i choose to save up more.

Expensive?

I believe the $299 for a 2x12 cab deal is still going through Avatar. Yes?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Linqua5150

Check craigslist as well. What's your nearest major city (if you're in the US)?

I bought a Fender DT412 (celestion g12t-100s) and a Blackheart Little Giant head for $250. The cab alone was worth a lot more and is pretty rare from what I understand, and I just took the head anyway because he wasn't asking much. All I really wanted was the cab. You can find some really good deals and save yourself money.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
the cheapest i can find on their site is a contemporary they have a deal going on for and its 349 for orange or black
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by JayT44
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

From what I've heard about them, they have really good durablilty and are amazing quality for the price. Not to mention the fact that you get to choose your own speakers.

+1
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
im not sure if i like mesa cabs. at least not the one i played a rectifier through at the store. sounded just weird to me.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Mesa cabs aren't for everyone, though they sound pretty sweet.

Avatar make great BUDGET cabs. Not super high quality, but decent sounding. That is about the cheapest you will find a decent 212 for. Get one used.

Higher end options get you in the territory of earcandy and vader.

It all comes down to what you want to pay