im making my own guitar, but i do not know what pickups to put in it.

im gonna use a mahogany body, a maple neck with rosewood fretboard, and the guitar will be somewhat of les paul shape, but not quite. i plan on playing mostly hard rock, and a bit of classic rock and blues.

all advice welcome
I'd go to Seymour duncans site, fir each of the pickups they offer they say what types of wood it sounds good with and what type of genre they work for. I found that really helpful when I was replacing my guitars pickups. Hope that helps a bit
Quote by ladna
im making my own guitar, but i do not know what pickups to put in it.

im gonna use a mahogany body, a maple neck with rosewood fretboard, and the guitar will be somewhat of les paul shape, but not quite. i plan on playing mostly hard rock, and a bit of classic rock and blues.

all advice welcome

Duncan SH14 Custom 5 bridge, PG1 Pearly Gates neck.

That's what I have in my Epi - if the guitar's going to be solid mahogany you'll benefit from the extra bit of top end those two have, it'll compensate a little for the lack of a maple cap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Check out RockMOnkey pickups; They are really great sounding pickups.

http://rockmonkeyguitars.com/humbuckers.htm
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly