I get the feeling this has been done before, but I'm new here and I haven't seen it.

Anyway, what are some covers songs that you enjoy, or you even think are better than the original? Include the artist ad well ad the original artist

Remember, they don't have to be the same genre, IMO song covers are better when they are cross genre.

I'll start off with COB's version of lookin of lookin out my back door, originally written by CCR. It's an inteeresting take.
i like judas priests cover of johnny b goode

and all of metallicas covers
Last edited by rickyj at Aug 2, 2010,
Van Halen's cover of You Really Got Me by The Kinks

Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt by N.I.N.

I like Shindown's cover of Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynryd but i'm not going to say it's better than the original because I might get flamed.

Led Zeppelin's cover of Dazed and Confused... okay, not really a cover, but they stole it and made it better

Korn's cover of Word Up by Cameo

Hendrix's covers

Guns'n'Roses' covers
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321

Guns'n'Roses' covers

hell yea hair of the dog kicked ass
Kreator's cover of Judas Priest's Grinder.
Iron Maiden's cover of Judas Priest's Electric Eye.
Metallica's cover of Iron Maiden's Remember Tomorrow.
Dream Theater's cover of Iron Maiden's To Tame A Land.

They're really well done, expected from bands this big though.
I believe it was "Sad Cafe", and if I'm not mistaken it was the last track on the cd/album.
Yeah, I'm impressed by metallic and dream theater's iron maiden covers. Opeth also does a cover of remember tomorow
Bauhaus' cover of David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust
is definitely on par with the original, if not better. Their Telegram Sam cover, IMO, completely owns the T-Rex version.

Queen + Paul Rodgers cover of Del Shannons Runaway is awesome too.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
John Mayer - Crossroads
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Boyce Avenue - Take you There(Sean Kingston Cover)

The Boyce Avenue is better because Kingston is one of my least favourite artists
i just bought Lies by GnR, mama kin is pretty cool. I still like aerosmiths better, but it was still good
The Lemonheads' cover of Mrs.Robinson (originally by Simon & Garfunkel), a friend made me listen to it recently, really well done!
Youtube these:

Brett Scallions (Fuel) - Daniel (by Elton John)
Whit Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) + Rocky George (Suicidal Tendencies) - Master of Puppets
Scott Weiland - Fame (by David Bowie)
Discolored skin gives me away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFSgnvKqm4

boyce avenue covering "just the way you are" by bruno mars, is way better because bruno's crummy voice and the musical score just dont work for these simplisticly beautiful lyrics, really lets you appreciate the song a lot better.
I teach private lessons in voice, hit me up if interested!