I am looking at getting a new amp soon. I have 3-500 to spend. I currently have a bh5h with a crate 112 cab. I like the cleans but I have to use my mt-2 to get it to the level I want it distortion wise. My guitar is a dean ms STD. The tone that I'm shooting for is close to the hangar 18 tone so I'd like the amp to distort that far on it's own. Really only want tubes. Thanks
Yeah, Bugera's are great. I'm pretty fond of the 6262's.

Maybe look into finding a used 5150/6505+ combo, or an XXX combo as well.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by obeyourmasterrr
Thanks you guys are great. Anyone know anything about the class 5?

Yeah, not enough gain for what you're looking for. It's not a huge upgrade from your Blackheart (if any). Single channel, Class A tube amp.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by obeyourmasterrr
Thanks you guys are great. Anyone know anything about the class 5?

The Class 5 is a non-master volume amp (meaning it doesn't have a gain knob, so it has to get loud to get gain) and it probably has even less gain than your Blackheart.

I'd recommend the Jet City Amps JCA20 or Egnater Tweaker, maybe with an overdrive pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd also recommend the Jet City. They sound very nice. You will probably need a bit of a boost to go with it though. My only issue is that it's a one channel amp. You'd be looking at either the JCA20H (20 watt head) and a speaker cab, or the JCA2112RC which is a 1x12 combo.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by JayT44

Maybe look into finding a used 5150/6505+ combo, or an XXX combo as well.

+1. Scour craigs list and ebay. You'll find one of these eventually.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's really down to preference - they're voiced quite differently. You can get the sound you want from either one though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
They didn't seem to go quite far enoough for me. I treid the ht-5 and I like it. Also liked a Mesa but it was a little over my range. Anything else to look at? Are there any ht-5 problems I should know?