Please recommend me a post/hard rock guitar or an ERG

Budget: $800. Could stretch to maybe $900. It'd be nice if it would outlast me.

I'm looking for a good guitar that would be able to perform well while playing post-rock, jazz, and modern rock like 3 days grace, avenged sevenfold, rise against, and the offspring.

I'd be looking for something in the middle tone wise. Not too bright, not too warm. 24 frets would be nice, doesn't matter.
No trem.
A Schecter-y neck
H-S, or H-H with coil split (Unless you have other suggestions)
Conservative body style, as long as it plays well.

SIDE NOTE:

However, I am also looking for a bari or 7 string that would be able to chug.

From what I can tell, the 7 would have a wider, possibly uncomfortable neck, yet would be able to retain the ability to deliver standard tuning chords, and have a wider note range.

The Bari would be able to get a more "heavier" sound overall, not just like on the low B like the 7. I would also be able to go into lower tunings with more stability (no?).

I'd be playing stoner-type metal. Kyuss, maybe Baroness, other Messhugah type music, and playing original chugga-chugga music in C-standard or lower. I'm looking at the Mike Mushok sig: http://www.prsguitars.com/mushok/index.php

Not sure about the 7 strings. Which brand has good guitars?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-C-1-Electric-Guitar-103135695-i1446249.gc

That seems to meet your requirements...

As for 7 strings, Ibanez pioneered the 7 string for Steve Vai, so they're obviously a good brand for that.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321

Lol, I have that minus the EMG's. Any other ones?

My plan was to either get a bari or ERG, and then tune my Schecter up to standard.
or:
Get a new 6 string, get my schecter set up for a lower tuning, and change the strings.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Last edited by AWACS at Aug 2, 2010,
Agile has some 7s and Bari's in your budget. Sevenstring.org seems to like them a lot.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Whats the shipping to Canada?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by steven seagull
wtf is an "ERG"?

I think it means "Extended Range Guitar", though not positive. Basically used to describe 7+ strings and baritones.

Though the TS could have been more helpful, as most people wouldn't know that acronym.

TS, it sounds like you're looking for a baritone. Here's a nice Agile with Blackouts, and it's way under your budget. Shipping to Canada shouldn't be that much, at least, not nearly as much as it is to Europe etc., though I could be wrong.

http://www.rondomusic.com/ab3000tbl.html
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

I now consider myself educated
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you like Schecter-y necks, then try out a few schecters. I suggest the ATX line.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Offworld92
I think it means "Extended Range Guitar", though not positive. Basically used to describe 7+ strings and baritones.

"ERG" doesn't apply to baritone instruments; the range of a baritone isn't actually extended at all, it's just easier to tune lower as the scale length is longer.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
"ERG" doesn't apply to baritone instruments; the range of a baritone isn't actually extended at all, it's just easier to tune lower as the scale length is longer.

Sorry for using the acronym wrong. But I thought no one would want to click on a really long title.

How well would those SD Blackouts work with my amp, a Traynor DG30?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Last edited by AWACS at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by AWACS
Sorry for using the acronym wrong. But I thought no one would want to click on a really long title.

I wasn't correcting you, I was correcting the guy I quoted.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
How about something like Steven Carpenter's guitar-line by ESP? I was thinking the sc-607B.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_stef.html
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive