Hi all. I need help =)
What kind of wire used for soldering electronics? Is there a material difference?
I would be grateful for the photos and links.
i say 26 gauge is way too skinny. i use 22 gauge, they're nice and thick, stays in place when you bend them, just overall easier to work with them.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
(not trying to thread jack)

So can you use one type of wire to wire the whole guitar?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by ice condition
Quote by ECistheBest
i say 26 gauge is way too skinny. i use 22 gauge, they're nice and thick, stays in place when you bend them, just overall easier to work with them.
yer both wrong. 24 gauge!

lol

Quote by N_J_B_B
(not trying to thread jack)

So can you use one type of wire to wire the whole guitar?
pretty much. there is very little current in the wires so gauge isn't really an issue. But for long runs, it might be better to use a shielded cable instead of wire.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i prefer 24 gauge. occasionally i use 24 gauge and a 20-22 gauge for my ground wire. it helps me spot my ground trail faster when dealing with really complicated schemes.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
i prefer 24 gauge. occasionally i use 24 gauge and a 20-22 gauge for my ground wire. it helps me spot my ground trail faster when dealing with really complicated schemes.

Agreed. I use 24 gauge usually.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I have both 22 and 24 stranded and solid, I use 24 stranded for guitars, but really most any wire will work in this case.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
wait, people actually use stuff smaller than 22 gauge? sooo small. i typically use either 22 or 20 gauge stranded copper wire. maybe its just because some of the stuff i have is cheap, but 22 gauge wire occasionally breaks on me. i forget its not like some of the stuff i usually use and cant man-handle it.
Well, 22 gauge is nice, but I find 24 works just as well. Stranded, I don't really care, although I have a crap load more of 24 to use. The only thing I've really had break on me was 24 solid copper.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
I say the gauge depends on what your doing

If your soldering on a turret board you probably want thicker wire.

However if your using a perf board or a PCB you want thinner wire so it doesn't run and connect things that are not supposed to be.
I typically use 24 or 22 for PCBs, and 20 if it is point-to-point. I prefer strand over solid core; it is easier to solder and more flexible.