Hey UG

I am buyng a cab (used), and someone offered me a marshall cab with celestion greenbacks in it, but i just wondered, is greenbacks any good for heavy metal?

/Rasmus
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
Greenbacks are good for everything. The best speaker in the world. Or if not the best, one of the best.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
It depends what kind of metal you wanna play. Greenbacks have a way looser bottom end and sound more untight. They are better for old school iron maiden and stuff but if you wanna play super fast and tight deathmetal celestion vintage 30 are the way to go.
I have to disagree with you guys, Celestion speakers are good, but the Eminence V12s are bloody amazing, I've used several cabs with celestion speakers, they always seemed somewhat untidy, and couldnt cope with the bottom end very well. Now im using a Krank Revolution cab and the speakers seem to "grab" everything that i play.
3000 danish which is about like 600 USD at the time.. but Dk is alot more expensive than US is about 30-20% cheaper also from new, but that is because of low tax / low amount of money people earn.
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
if they are the heritage g12m-20s made in england those are good speakers but they are only 20 watts so be careful what you run them with.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
They're great for heavy stuff. They come stock in the Framus Cobra cabinet, and if that's not a br00tal amp I don't know what is.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i'm looking at buying 4 new speakers for my Marshall cab..2 vintage 30's and i don't know what else? maybe another 2 vintage 30's or any suggestions would be welcome because i dont wanna start a new thread, i mostly play de-tuned modern metal...can range from drop D to drop A...suggestion plzz????