Hello all, my friend is going to buy a guitar, he strictly wants a floating bridge guitar. He does not know much about floating bridge guitars, thus depending on me to choose him a good guitar. Tuning stability is his prime concern. He will use the guitar for quite long and he is not a heavy trem user. In local shop there are plenty of Ibanez an ESP LTDs, no other brands that much available. I warned him not to buy Edge III equipped guitar. Within his budget 650$, there is the LTD M-300FM which has neck-thru, EMGs, 24 XJ frets, Floyd Rose Special tremolo. As per hardware, is this guitar good? What about the Floyd Rose Special trem? Is this as worse as Edge III? Or better?

And lastly, what about Ibanez S series? Is the ZR tremolo better than Floyd Rose Special or not? If the ZR is better, thenI will buy him a S series. Thanks all.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Oh one thing I forgot, what about the JT580LP double-locking tremolo on Jackson DK2 Dinky? tuning stability is all I am worried about. If his budget was higher, I would bought him a Prestige.
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
Theyre both decent guitars, but the ZR tremolo is actually really good, if he doesnt plan on keeping it for a lifetime. Practically the ZR is better, but cheap metals are used which means they will break over a shorter time span, but I've never heard of a floyd rose breaking but they are much harder to use.
The ZR is arguably a better trem, but the LTD and the Ibanez are both good guitars (that said because there really aren't any bad S models)

I've heard the Jackson trems are good too.

With $650 you could find a used Ibanez Prestige though. That would be better for a guitar that will last a long time.

Most importantly, have him choose the one that feels best in his hands. That's really important, or else you could easily end up getting a guitar that he hates.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the edge III isnt that bad as people say they just have to set it up well
and im not sure about the fr special i havent played one personally but i heard its a decent trem
and the zr trem is considered by some to be better than an original fr
Notice that the ESP LTD does NOT! have a floyd rose tremolo!.
It has a floyd rose SPECIAL tremolo, and special here means cheap version, which means bad material, bad quality which leads to bad tuning stability after some months.

It is like a basic rule for guitarist:
-Do NOT buy a guitar with an Ibanez egde III tremolo
-Do NOT buy a guitar with an floyd rose special tremolo (get one which is called original floyd rose, which the more expensive ESP ltd guitars have)
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
In the shop he will definitely choose what feels good to him, but I am trying to list some particular models since I don't wanna let him buy a guitar which has bad hardware's. I sold my XPT700 and bought Rg1570 just because of the shitty Edge III tremolo. So that ZR trem is better than Floyd Rose Special?
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
greetings fellow bangladeshi
yes the zr tremolo is definately better than the floyd rose special, but i recommend the jackson dk2 because of its awesome alderr body and seymour duncan pickups, and the tremolo is really stable too. trust me, i own a jackson rr3.
greetings man, what a pain to find good guitars here...
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live