Hey all!

So recently I got an Ibanez RG2EX2, however, it feels a bit awkward when I stand and play it. So I looked into the S series remembering that the bodies are supposed to be super thin. However, I notice that they all have a double locking tremolo which I really don't want to deal with.

So my question to you guys is, does any other guitar manufacturer make a guitar that's nearly as thin as the S series?
you can have the Ibanez SV series which is same in body shape but has SyncronyZR non-locking tremolo.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Then a SA series perhaps? :|
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
Then a SA series perhaps? :|

Thats pretty much the only choice he has if he wants a trem, but the trems on them aren't great. Decent, but not particularly great..
Any particular reason you dont want a locking trem?
If you want an S without a trem at all try to find an SC (S Classic)
Last edited by littlephil at Aug 2, 2010,
Didn't you just get that guitar? You should get used to it, as all guitars take getting used to if you're standing, rather than rushing out and buying something new so soon.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The reason I don't want a trem is cuz I've heard it's too much to deal with if you don't use it often. However, if I get something, I'd at least make an effort to incorporate into my music, but it's not something i absolutely NEED.

And yes, i did get the guitar recently and I'm planning on playing live a few times to get used to it, but I'm still curious about slim bodied guitars.