i just dropped my guitar and all the strings have moved down almost 1cm the high e is off the fret board.

Does anyone know how to fix this
Gravity ****ed your guitar, obviously.

Seriously though, I agree with the bridge popping off, or maybe the locking nut was loose in the action of the e and the drop made it loosen even more
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Last edited by Fadetoblack5:03 at Aug 2, 2010,

and these are the floyd rose studs, the bridge should be in them like that

it pops out from time to time under pressure, it happened to me twice, not sure if its what happened to you, if you have any other information share with us whatever looks strange
thanks, the bridge and studs look fine to me, and the strings are correctly positioned close to the nut they drop more and more the closer to the bridge they get. so im guessing something in the bridge is out of place. should i upload pictures?
Quote by littlephil
Pics will help a lot.

+1 I have no idea what you're talking about.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
PROBLEM SOLVED o{]:{P)

turns out the neck had been knocked out of place a bit and a firm push put it back in place. I'm a little worried though is my neck not secure or what?

also by pics he meant pictures
thats the first time i hear something like that
i'm pretty sure necks aren't supposed to do that
The fall simply shifted the neck in the pocket. This is because the neck pocket joint is a bit loose. This is generally caused by neck screws that thread through the body instead of simply passing through it. This doesn't allow for the neck to be pulled tight into the pocket when the screws are tightened.

I would advise you unscrew the neck and check that the neck screws can be pushed through the guitar body without having to thread through it. If they can't, simply enlarge the holes slightly so that they can. Then put the neck back on and tune to pitch. Then loosen each neck screw about 1/2 turn.....the string tension will then pull the neck tighter into the back of the pocket. Make sure the string alignment is correct and tighten the neck screws.
Quote by webwarmiller
The fall simply shifted the neck in the pocket. This is because the neck pocket joint is a bit loose. This is generally caused by neck screws that thread through the body instead of simply passing through it. This doesn't allow for the neck to be pulled tight into the pocket when the screws are tightened.

I would advise you unscrew the neck and check that the neck screws can be pushed through the guitar body without having to thread through it. If they can't, simply enlarge the holes slightly so that they can. Then put the neck back on and tune to pitch. Then loosen each neck screw about 1/2 turn.....the string tension will then pull the neck tighter into the back of the pocket. Make sure the string alignment is correct and tighten the neck screws.

Ya import guitars are made in such quantity thay dont pay attention to the quality and craftsmanship.But when you got a guitar with a big @$$ USA on the back of the headstock you know you got a real pice of work that didnt come off a assembly line.