Does anyone know where i can get a good deal on a guitar and an amp in Australia? I've looked at musicains friend but they wont ship anything to Australia and all the guitar shops in Australia triple there prices and im not rich.

Second hand. Seriously, its the only way to go.
What are you looking for, and what's your budget?
Last edited by littlephil at Aug 2, 2010,
thanks for the post i greatly appriciate it i think if i get a job at mcdonalds soon (im 16) then i could make a bit and maybe get a goo deal on a parker fly or an ibanez jem on ebay
You can definitely get some good deals. I've seen a few JEM's go for around $1500 on ebay, you just gotta keep watching and be patient.
Just be careful when using ebay. Make sure to read buyers comments and all that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Cash converters aswell TS. I picked up my Cort for $250 bucks, as new. They retail for about 800-900 elsewhere. I've seen American Strats in there for $600-800, but yeah, they're not bad for guitars. Amps.... they leave a lot to be desired. Music stores and the 'bay are much better for amps, and if you have a non-chain music store near you then you can probably go down and cut a deal with them. (I got my amp plus a load of other stuff for the price of the amp, so saved about $200 bucks)
Yep amps and cabs are all great stuff to buy second hand. The last thing I bought off ebay was my amp and I got that for under half the price of what they retail new $1325 as opposed to $3000+

Guitars on the other hand are much more hit-and-miss and definately need a good test and try-out before you buy anything. Personally, I would not buy a guitar off ebay without trying it first, but thats just me - i'm careful with my money since I don't have a lot of it
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Ishibashi ships over from japan, and drum city gutiar land ships from america.. I saw a Japanese strat in fairly good condition in my local cash converer for 1000$ :/
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
Ishibashi ships over from japan, and drum city gutiar land ships from america.. I saw a Japanese strat in fairly good condition in my local cash converer for 1000$ :/

A grand is a terrible price for a MIJ strat even here.
If you've got a mate or parent who is good at haggling, play the guitar stores off each other to get the best deal.
Quote by consecutive e
A grand is a terrible price for a MIJ strat even here.

MIJ strats here are around 500-600$, which is pretty awesome surprisingly