Hey!

What your guys opnion about VST?

I use a lot of VSTs with my guitar.
All virtual: Amps, eqs, distortion, and also impulses (which are awesome btw).
Always using headphones.

But I have a question.
What do I need to get a better sound from my guitar while using only VSTs ?
A better usb interface ? Will I get better sound of it ?

My guitar isnt a gooooood one, but its nice...
I am thinking of buying a insanely good cap.
I always heard that: "If ur amp is crap, then guitar will still sound crap even with that cap"

Is it the same thing with VSTs?

Thanks
Last edited by demerda at Aug 2, 2010,
Studio quality headphones and a good interface might help. Dunno what you're using now, so can't comment on the difference it will make. Different guitar/pups is deff gonna make a difference.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Headphones are very, very good.

About the interface, its just a Jamlab.
But I am thinking about getting a M-audio Fast Track Pro or Line 6 Pod Studio Ux1

by saying pups, you mean caps?
Last edited by demerda at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by demerda
Headphones are very, very good.

About the interface, its just a Jamlab.
But I am thinkin about getting a M-audio Fast Track Pro

by saying pups, you mean caps?

Pups = pickups. I'm not very knowledgeable on interfaces, but the Fast Track has a pretty good rep IIRC. You could try asking in the recording forum as well.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

I have Line 6 Tone Port GX. Paid about 60 bucks for it two years ago and has been worth every single penny. Never had a single problem with it. No latency between playing and the sound it produces. As far as VST's go, Amplitube 3 is the best out there IMO. I have tried Guitar Rig and it just pales in comparison. Good luck!
Quote by SomeBlueKind
I have Line 6 Tone Port GX. Paid about 60 bucks for it two years ago and has been worth every single penny. Never had a single problem with it. No latency between playing and the sound it produces. As far as VST's go, Amplitube 3 is the best out there IMO. I have tried Guitar Rig and it just pales in comparison. Good luck!
I've tried Amplitube and it's horrible compared to the numerous fantastic free VSTs out there.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

I've tried Amplitube 3, Guitar Rig 4.0 and Pod Farm and for me, Pod Farm easily wins. And I haven't even purchased add-ons for it.

I think for ideal PC recording you want a good PC that's optimized for recording. My PC isn't very good for recording so I get a lot of latency issues when I'm running several VSTs simultaneously.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
I've tried Amplitube 3, Guitar Rig 4.0 and Pod Farm and for me, Pod Farm easily wins. And I haven't even purchased add-ons for it.

I think for ideal PC recording you want a good PC that's optimized for recording. My PC isn't very good for recording so I get a lot of latency issues when I'm running several VSTs simultaneously.

+1

Listen to this man right here.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Hmm. Well I didn't pay anything for any of the VST's I have ever used including Amp.3 and Guitar Rig. I wonder if you guys would still be coming down on amplitube if you didn't have to pay for it. My assertion was to pass on some advice for someone, who with just a little bit of effort could find just about any VST he wanted for free. Oh well, to each his own.
If you get a line 6 ux series interface you'll get a cool interface and some more amp models to play with.
Quote by SomeBlueKind
Hmm. Well I didn't pay anything for any of the VST's I have ever used including Amp.3 and Guitar Rig. I wonder if you guys would still be coming down on amplitube if you didn't have to pay for it. My assertion was to pass on some advice for someone, who with just a little bit of effort could find just about any VST he wanted for free. Oh well, to each his own.
Amplitube would still sound subpar even if they paid me money to own it.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

I've never been able to find a good free VST amp sim. I've tried literally dozens, none of them have been even listenable. I do use VSTs for quite a few other things though.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I've never been able to find a good free VST amp sim. I've tried literally dozens, none of them have been even listenable. I do use VSTs for quite a few other things though.

Check the recording forum. There's a whole FAQ full with good free VSTs.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by MortifiedLizard

same with me.

I heard very good things about amplitube 3, like it's better than an amps since you don't lose tone while recording.... could be really good.

but all the amps/overdrive plugins I tried sounded bad. I thought Shred would be good , given the comments I read about it , but it was horrible. Only the marshall simulation was listenable.
I felt lonely being the only one who does not have a pointless signature
Quote by Kanthras
Check the recording forum. There's a whole FAQ full with good free VSTs.

Most of the ones I've tried before have been posted in that thread. Trust me, if you look at my VST folder in Reaper right now, there's literally close to a hundred or so. I use a lot.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden