Hi I have an Ibanez S5470 Prestige but it is dented with several dings in it. I have been offered £510 as a part exchange, against an American Fender Stratocaster LTD edition, in fiesta red with the matching headstock, and then I would have to pay another £250 to get this guitar. Is this definately worth it? It seems like a good deal to me because my Ibanez is dented and I doubt I could move it for any more than that.
Please get back to me, I need help with this decision!
Cheers,
Jon
I personally thing that an S Prestige is a much better guitar than an American strat. Just because the body is dented, that doesn't mean you should get rid of it. Damage shows character.

Also, I would never make a change as drastic as that unless you're specifically looking to alter your sound.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hell no.

Keep the ibby dude

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Unless you're part-exchanging it for a human soul... keep the Ibby.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thanks for the responses, thought I better add that I'm looking to change my tone to more of a funk style
if you are going for funk i would say get the strat, but i am extremely biased as i play blues and nothing can beat the sound of a strat.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
It sounds to me like your mind is made up already, but I think the S is a better instrument - fantastic neck, zr trem, slick body and great pickups. You can get the right tone with the proper amp, and how and what you play has more influence on your audience than anything else in your gear.
Quote by battlespectre94
Thanks for the responses, thought I better add that I'm looking to change my tone to more of a funk style

If you can't get a good funk tone out of one of the switch positions that splits the humbuckers I think there's a bit more at fault than your guitar, you might want to look at your amp and playing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah I think your right in saying my mind is pretty much made up, but I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks because the people on these forums have good advice. I know what your saying about being able to get the right tone with the right amp and things, but Stratocasters are just so awesome for funk. And also if Im gigging then often I will be using house amps.
Keep the ibby!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
American Strat ftw
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
It's not that bad at all.

Also, it makes absolutely no sense for you to trade your Ibanez and money for a strat. Your Ibanez is already worth a lot more than a strat, and adding cash to that is just a really, really bad deal.

You can play funk with your S, just mess with your settings! If you do this trade, we'll all hate you
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Your mental.

Also house amps don't really exist and nobody generally will want to lend yiu their gear.

Keep your awesome ibby which is far more versatile thab a strat, and buy a new amp

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
eff me! you still got the TJC tags on!!how old is it? it looks its in tip top condition,dont do the trade,its nuts and giving him more cash is even more nuts...

whats your amp?
A few dings or not, your Prestige is worth more than the Fender.

Even if you made your mind up about the Fender, it is still a bad trade. I mean, those dings are not bad at all. Some of them just look like "beauty marks" on the wood (the pic you have of the back of the guitar especially). If those dings were on a rainbow colour (red, or blue, or whatever that is not brownish) those dings would look a little worse. It looks fine on your S.

Save up for an amp. At this point for you, that is far more important than a Fender. You already have a fantastic guitar that can do anything.
I might consider a straight trade if you really want a strat, but no way would I pay extra on top.
you are mad.....!!! save money and buy a stat if necessary.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Thanks everyone, you have saved me from a bad trade, for now I will hold onto the Ibanez and enjoy it, incidentaly, nobody is interested in buying it are they haha
Quote by battlespectre94
Thanks everyone, you have saved me from a bad trade, for now I will hold onto the Ibanez and enjoy it, incidentaly, nobody is interested in buying it are they haha

If I had money I'd buy it right away
well unless someone suddenly gives me a great offer it will be here for a while so if you really are interested in it I wouldnt worry about it rushing out of the door.
The only problem is, now the great society of UG has given me such good advice, I will be expecting more for it now!
Feel free to make me an offer everyone