Page 1 of 2
So I'm here at my brother's house and he has a cat so I played with it for a while and then it started licking my hand and it kinda scratched, their tounge is really weird and dry but if they drink why is it still dry?
Next time you see a cat put your hand near his mouth and he'll lick you, it's like being licked by a desert.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by genghisgandhi
My cat bites my toes.

My brother's cat bit his nipple once.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Yes they have tongues like sandpaper.

What else did you want to talk about? Maybe we could condense it to just this one topic.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I always assumed their tongues were kinda rough to help them when they lick up water/milk/whatever. They wouldnt be able to lick drink up so well with a smooth wet tongue
Quote by VVolverin3
Yes they have tongues like sandpaper.

What else did you want to talk about? Maybe we could condense it to just this one topic.

If it's all cats or this specific cat.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
^ It's all cats. Well, probably all, I don't know, there might be some rare species that has smooth tongues or something odd like that.

Quote by genghisgandhi
My cat would never be able to do that

Your cat doesn't have teeth, or you don't have nipples?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
A Cat's tongue is like Velcro.

A Grooming Tool and More: A cats ability to groom itself is the result of numerous knobs called papillae on the surface of a cats tongue. Located at the tongues center, the papillae form backward-facing hooks containing large amounts of keratin, the same material found in human fingernails. These hooks provide the abrasiveness a cat needs for self-grooming. The strength of these hooks also helps a cat hold food or struggle with prey.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/29856/pets/about_your_cats_tongue.html

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
it's all cats, also not all cats will lick your hand when you hold them near their mouths. My cat tends to maul my ankles if I walk around the house in shorts barefoot. Not a pleasant thing
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Pretty interesting fact, thanks for the info.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Pretty sure that above copy/pasta is correct in grooming tool. Cats sweat through their skin and if they don't lick their fur to comb it they get all matted.
Cats have velcro tongues.

This one time, two of my friends drunkenly made out, and when the girl talked about it to me, she said the guy had a tongue like a cat, that made me laugh.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by JohnnyV
Pretty sure that above copy/pasta is correct in grooming tool. Cats sweat through their skin and if they don't lick their fur to comb it they get all matted.

Er, not really, cats only sweat through their paws.
Quote by webbtje
Er, not really, cats only sweat through their paws.

The pads of their paws...

Yes I had to take it one further.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So I'm here at my brother's house and he has a cat so I played with it for a while and then it started licking my hand and it kinda scratched, their tounge is really weird and dry but if they drink why is it still dry?
Next time you see a cat put your hand near his mouth and he'll lick you, it's like being licked by a desert.

Cats have dry and abrasive tongues because they are predators, it's an evolutional feature that allows them to detach the flesh from the bone of the prey.
All felines have that.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
my cat has a filthy asscunt
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by genghisgandhi
The pores of the pads of their paws.

Touché.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
so after being licked by a furry little kitten, did you lick dat pussy back?
Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
I hate most cats, so I'd probably just shut it's tongue in a vice if one tried to lick me.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I just found another thing, My brother's cat LIKES water, he loves taking baths and stuff.
This is the weirdest cat ever.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Well your cat licks itself, so its tongue might be rough for that reason. Either way, wash your hands.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Grooming
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

It's not dry, it's just rough, for many reasons. One of them is so the water they drink doesn't just fall off their tongue.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by rock.freak667
Well your cat licks itself, so its tongue might be rough for that reason. Either way, wash your hands.

Their tounge didnt leave any spit on my hand, even not a smell.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
what's worse is them making pancakes on your face at three in the morning
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Gyroscope

It's not dry, it's just rough, for many reasons. One of them is so the water they drink doesn't just fall off their tongue.

So why don't dogs have rough tongues?

It's for grooming.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Their tounge didnt leave any spit on my hand, even not a smell.

It does leave something. People allergic to cats are allergic to certain proteins in their saliva, which gets on their fur and dander from their constant grooming
Quote by pak1351
It does leave something. People allergic to cats are allergic to certain proteins in their saliva, which gets on their fur and dander from their constant grooming

Maybe something small because I really didnt feel anything or smell anything.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
It's for seperating flesh like said earlier.

Ever been licked by a Tiger?

Now THATS like sandpaper.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Maybe something small because I really didnt feel anything or smell anything.

SHUT THE **** UP AND GO WASH YOUR HANDS!

ll

Page 1 of 2