In a couple of weeks I'll be going to my first ever music festival (Bloodstock) and it's a 4 night camping thing.

My question is, what all do I need to take? I'm taking the basic stuff like a tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat and a ton of cash (and probably a crate of beer). What else should I take and what sort of camping equipment do experienced festival goers recommend?
Take some sort of small weapon if you can. I wouldn't feel safe camping around a bunch of drunken metalheads.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Found this list somewhere

- Ticket
- ID
- Money
- Phone
- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Camping mat/yoga mat/inflatable mattress
- Torch
- Spare Batteries
- Wellies
- Food
- Booze
- Bottles of water
- Rain poncho
- Large hoodie
- Lots and lots of sock. And undies.
- Battery charger for phone
- Suncream
- Bog roll
- Baby wipes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste
- Mouthwash
- Chewing gum
- Lip balm/ Vaseline.
- Bin bags / black sacks
- Toiletries
- Small Mirror
- Contact Lenses
- Contact Lens Solution
- Glasses
- Camping chair
- Plastic cups / bottles
- Plasters
- Panadol / Pain killers
- Condoms
- Duct Tape
- Smokes / Skins
- Eating Utensils (unbreakable plate, knife, fork etc)
- Disposible Camera
- Disposible BBQ
- Sunglasses
- Hoodies / Jumpers
- Tshirts/ Tops
- Trousers / Jeans / Tracksuit bottoms
- Shorts / Cut offs / Skirts
- Socks... Lots of socks..
- Underwear
- Spare tent pegs
- Dry Shampoo
- Hats

That should be more than enough stuff
Take sensible food, tinned stuff is the best, and make sure to take a little stove because otherwise you will have to get used to eating cold spaghetti from a can, and if you rely on the food carts for hot meals, your money is going to go so fast.

Also, no matter what the weather is like, always carry a poncho with you, on the last day of download, it rained so much that i was soaked through after about 5 minutes.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by TEK34
Dry shampoo?

If you are a girl that might come in handy

>_>
I just did sonisphere for the first time. You don't seem to need much.

Tickets. Tent. Money. Suncream. Drinks. Clothes. Anything else you really want to take.
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Aug 2, 2010,
Me too. bring baby wipes, sun cream, immodium, toilet paper, some dry food, water and some money.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Chain saw. Sawed-off shotgun...

Water, loads of it. And stuff to protect you from the rain. And a phone. First aid kit. Sunscreen. Insect repellant
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Don't take lots of stuff, especially lots of cash.

The best thing to do is travel as light as possible. My Bloodstock gear will consist of:
Tent
Sleeping Bag
A few spare t-shirts
Underwear
Oranges
Alcohol
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
When I went to Oxegen 2008 I took
- spare tshirt
- 30 euros
- tent
- doritoes
- 100g tobacco
- Shocking amounts of booze

I had a great weekend.

For Download last year I took way more stuff, but it's not really necessary to prepare that much. As long as you have plenty of booze. Booze and tent really...
Toilet paper (lots of)
Condoms (just in case)
Lots of socks (wet socks ruin days)

... then tent/food/clothes and youll be set really
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Duffman123
Found this list somewhere

- Ticket
- ID
- Money
- Phone
- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Camping mat/yoga mat/inflatable mattress
- Torch
- Spare Batteries
- Wellies
- Food
- Booze
- Bottles of water
- Rain poncho
- Large hoodie
- Lots and lots of sock. And undies.
- Battery charger for phone
- Suncream
- Bog roll
- Baby wipes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste
- Mouthwash
- Chewing gum
- Lip balm/ Vaseline.
- Bin bags / black sacks
- Toiletries
- Small Mirror
- Contact Lenses
- Contact Lens Solution
- Glasses
- Camping chair
- Plastic cups / bottles
- Plasters
- Panadol / Pain killers
- Condoms
- Duct Tape
- Smokes / Skins
- Eating Utensils (unbreakable plate, knife, fork etc)
- Disposible Camera
- Disposible BBQ
- Sunglasses
- Hoodies / Jumpers
- Tshirts/ Tops
- Trousers / Jeans / Tracksuit bottoms
- Shorts / Cut offs / Skirts
- Socks... Lots of socks..
- Underwear
- Spare tent pegs
- Dry Shampoo
- Hats

That should be more than enough stuff

Nothing like travelling light eh
Quote by So-Cal
Nothing like travelling light eh

Well it wasn't meant to be a list of essentials . Just a list of probably anything you would ever need at a festival. I went to a festival for 4 days this year and packed nowhere near as much as that
Water, money for drugs, money for food, money for more drugs, a big sturdy tent. ( i bought a tent that i could only fit in like a starfish)

AND BRING GOOD VIBES.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
I will be taking, two pop up tents (one for sleeping and one for drug preparation/usage) set of clothes for every day, a novelty ostrich suit, a pregnant nun suit, small stove, a metal thing to eat/cook out of, three crates of bud, 4 bottles of jager poured into plastic bottles, and at least an ounce of bud.
Plus a shit load of aggression from my terrible job which im gonna exert into peoples faces all weekend. Only when im in the pit though il be passed out the rest of the time
Quote by Burningritual
I will be taking, two pop up tents (one for sleeping and one for drug preparation/usage) set of clothes for every day, a novelty ostrich suit, a pregnant nun suit, small stove, a metal thing to eat/cook out of, three crates of bud, 4 bottles of jager poured into plastic bottles, and at least an ounce of bud.
Plus a shit load of aggression from my terrible job which im gonna exert into peoples faces all weekend. Only when im in the pit though il be passed out the rest of the time

Aren't you cool?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
Aren't you cool?

No, but i could see why you'd think that seeing as you're Scottish and you like Biffy Clyro...
Socks, Undies, Tickets, Cash

That's all ya need
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by Burningritual
No, but i could see why you'd think that seeing as you're Scottish and you like Biffy Clyro...

You cut me deep...
Quote by ChemicalFire
A crate is not a maybe, unless you bring your own drink you'll run completely dry of cash VERY quick.
But also make sure to bring water or something non-alcoholic as well as beer, or you'll find yourself waking up with drymouth regularly and no cure...

You'll need food, but i always find i eat nowhere near as much as I think I'll need. It's easier to take food you can have cold/without preparation, otherwise you have extra stuff you need to bring and do.

Don't bother with wellies, just wear rough shoes that will stay on that you don't mind getting wet. Walking in wellies all day is awkward and uncomfortable.

A tent is obviously needed, but don't bring something expensive or that you'd be upset if it got damaged. Some people are wankers and damage tents intentionally, and some people will just drunkenly stumble into it, either way it will likely get broken.

You'll want a clean change every so often (or at least one in case you get shit all over yourself), but don't overload with clothes. Probably three sets would do (one wearing on the way in, one for a clean change, one just in case.

Wind up torches are a good idea.

That's pretty much the essentials.

Quote by Burningritual

Wow. You certainly are a character eh?!
Quote by Burningritual

Wow

You sound like the kind of guy that ruins festivals for everyone ie a twat

Quote by eazy-c

You cut me deep...

You tried to be clever for no reason, i gave you a response on a level you'd understand.
If that's your definiton of being clever then I worry. As for your reply, I'm well aware that I'm Scottish and like Biffy Clyro (only the old stuff mind you). You may as well have informed me of my date of birth and place of residence.

I'm not the only one to have read your post and came to the conclusion you're a bit of a cunt, I'd take that on board if I were you
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
If that's your definiton of being clever then I worry. As for your reply, I'm well aware that I'm Scottish and like Biffy Clyro (only the old stuff mind you). You may as well have informed me of my date of birth and place of residence.

I'm not the only one to have read your post and came to the conclusion you're a bit of a cunt, I'd take that on board if I were you

From the bands you like neither of you would be at bloodstock anyway. At a metal gig you go insane in the pit and get drunk, i have no intention of going to t4 on the beach or whatever shit the bands you listen would play at.
I was at Bloodstock last year and I'm going again this year. Keep trying though, I'm in need of some entertainment.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by Burningritual
From the bands you like neither of you would be at bloodstock anyway. At a metal gig you go insane in the pit and get drunk, i have no intention of going to t4 on the beach or whatever shit the bands you listen would play at.

"Metal" isn't an excuse to be a complete ****.
Your description of your weekend plans sounds like the definition of an angry, attention seeking teenager.
Quote by Burningritual

You sound like a total twat.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Burningritual

You sound like the kind of person I'd start a conversation with a stranger about at a gig, using the phrase, 'God, look at that twat over there,' or something.
I guess there always has to be one idiot at every gig