Quote by Andrew/WK
$40 is nothing haha.

It's a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes
Quote by Andrew/WK
True, but as the amp is over a grand, 40 dollars really isn't much haha.

Cool. Buy the 6534+ and send me the $40

I'm still not sure how the 6534 is going to sound...I'm not a huge fan of EL34's...still waiting on the stores around here to get one in stock.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Aug 2, 2010,
imo, the 6534+ was just peavey being all.. "Shit guys... we need to release something at NAMM..."

"Well boss... we could just slightly mod one of our flagship amps by.. idk.. changing the power tubes!!"

"GREAT IDEA!! Get this guy a raise!"

Some people would say that 6l6 amps modded with el34's don't sound as good as an el34 amp.

imho, its better to go out and buy a used 5150II/6505+.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
DEWD on Rig Talk just got one and he loves it

Quote by DEWD
I go through amps like most people go through picks so I usually don't do new amp days. :lol: :LOL: I picked up a new 6534+ last week and I've been waiting for the honeymoon period to wear off before I posted anything about it. If anyone doesn't know, the 6534+ is esentially a 6505+ (or 5150II) with EL34's and a redesigned clean/crunch channel. I don't know what they did but this thing sounds MUCH better IMO than any 5150/6505 I've ever played. In fact it's quickly becoming one of my favorite amps ever and I've owned just about everything. :rock:

Cleans - best cleans of any 6505/5150 I or II which isn't saying much but it sounds GREAT!!
Crunch - big gain boost, awesome VH, AC/DC, GNR type tones, nice and tight
Lead - TONS of gain, tight low end, crunchy mids, screaming highs, RAW!!

The footswitch allows you to switch the crunch button in and out, fx loop and switch between the 2 channels. The amp IMO is more like a 3 channel amp though. I had a 5150II and the volume boost when going between crunch and clean made it almost unusable at loud volumes but not with the 6534+. It just adds gain and tightens everything up perfectly.

This is easily the best $980 I've spent on gear in a LONG TIME. I didn't expect much when I plugged in for the first time but I've been floored since.
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 2, 2010,
interesting review... my pet peeve with my 5150II is the clean/crunch switching.

To get good cleans, i roll down the pregain to like 0.25 and post up to like 4. Put crunch on that and BLAM! Huge wall of sound.

I've spent the time getting a slightly above par clean sound from my 5150II, but thats not really a problem for me.

I would love to A/B the two amps and compare their differences.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?