Poll: would you be able to beat up the younger version of your parent?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you be able to beat up the younger version of your parent?
Yes, I'd beat the living shit outta him/her
104 46%
No, I'm part of a wimpier generation
120 54%
Voters: 224.
Page 1 of 4
let's say that some evil magical iguana wizard puts you in a cage with one other person. That other person is a younger version of your dad (mom if you are a pit gal). He is the same age as you. The only way to escape from that cage is to beat up the younger version of your parent. Would you be able to beat him up or would he kick your ass?

the 18 year old version of my dad would probably be able to kick my ass easily. he basically grew up outdoors and has that wild killer instinct that I lack. I'm also pretty out of shape but my dad was a dedicated soccer player and kinda buff, so I could probably last a few minutes in a fight against him before he would make me eat dirt.

ps: you cannot have sex with him or team up and overthrow the evil magical iguana lizard
I often wrestle with my dad for fun. He's strong but I'm stronger than him. (He's 57) I'm bigger/taller than he was.

But my dad was a alpha male in his prime. When he was 16, he violently kicked some 25 years old dude who said my grandfather was a pussy.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Shit. I don't know really. I'd probably have him by a few inches in height, but I don't know about weight. He'd taken judo at that point, and I've taken tae kwon do, but neither of us got too far or likely remember very much. He'd probably have a bit more actual fighting experience, but I'd say it'd be pretty close. It would be interesting to see actually.
Well, no. My dad was quite the alcoholic at my age.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Not a chance.

My dad is, and has been since he was 14 6 foot 3...I'm barely 5 foot. Plus, he actually enjoyed sport so was/is much more fit than I am.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
No. I could outsmart him though...so chess?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Gakbez
Well, no. My dad was quite the alcoholic at my age.

And you are not following in his footsteps?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by SG_dave
Where's the probably answer.

I didn't put one so that we could think about this a little harder
Yes, out of them im the only one with fighting experience and i am quite larger than both.

and being as heartless as i am i would have no reason to hold back...
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Aug 2, 2010,
My dad's Chuck Norris, no-one can beat him.
Quote by red157
Getting killed is an occupational hazard when you're an armed robber.

Quote by Random88
Drunk birds falling over? Sounds like Glasgow

'The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.'

- Jimi Hendrix
Nope.
Although I am a little taller and heavier than he was back then, probably a better fighter too (down to experience) he would kick my ass. He was a national level athlete at my age! He'd just wear me down and after about half an hour I'd be finished.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

No. I'm a bit taller than Dad, but I can't grow a moustache worth a damn, and he had a pretty impressive one at my age.
My dad was a football player in HS, I am a cross country runner...he weighed about 220 and I weigh about 140. He stopped playing in college so he might have lost some muscle by now but I think he could kick my ass.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Nope, and I'm pretty strong.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I'm bigger than my dad. He took wrestling in high school, so he'd have a decent grappling game, but my jiu jitsu background should be able to neutralize that.
Hi, I'm Peter
Eh i don't know, he probably had some weight on me.....and more fighting experience growing up in jamaica and all.....

I wouldn't go down so easily though.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
No, when my Dad was 18 he worked out everyday. Biked to work and back everyday (he was 20 miles from town). At 18 he'd be bigger, taller and stronger than I am. But, I dare say I could outrun him.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I would... at my age he was more buff, but I have a lot more experience in fighting
No. My dad was a beast when he was my age. Give me 7 years and the answer will change, as he will have broken his back at that point.
My Dad's in the Weekend-Army thing... Forgotten the name. So he's probably got a bit more stamina.

But I've got more strength, drive and hatred than he has, so I'll be more inclined to kick his ass (he left me and my Mom when I was a newborn and then told me he never wanted to talk to me again when I was 11).
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
My dad had been in the army for 2 years at my age, kicking ass, meeting frank zappa (and other notable musicians i can't recall atm,) firing artillery, and drinking his brains out in Germany.

Why was he in the US army in Germany? Cuz society couldn't handle his shit back in the 80s and told him it was the army or jail.

I don't think I can compete, though I don't stand that much of a chance now, all my friends are pretty intimidated by my dad, especially before they know him.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 2, 2010,
I have that same killer instinct my Dad has. Of the two times we actually fought I swung a guitar at his head like a baseball bat and the other he came out with more blood on him that I did. Lets just say plastic is not tough when whole but is a strong substance for shrapnel.
Well, when my dad was 18, he was a lumberjack, a softball world-record setter, and oh, the nation armwrestling champion, so, in all probability, he would ****ing destroy me in a fight. Now-a-days though, he's a pathetic alchoholic that lives in the "Glory days" and pisses the bed. Who's laughing now, Dad? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

(It's me who's laughing now)
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
My father was a puny, jerry-curled, loser at my age.

I'd hit my dad so hard, his shirt would fly off.
Quote by Necrosaber
My father was a puny, jerry-curled, loser at my age.

I'd hit my dad so hard, his shirt would fly off.

Someone has daddy issues. Have you always had a gay crush on your father whilst simultaniously wanting to kill him?
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Quote by fret-less
Someone has daddy issues. Have you always had a gay crush on your father whilst simultaniously wanting to kill him?

Yes.

My dad was in the crowd of getting drunk and f*cking people up.. I'm in the crowd where is no crowd but me. He must be ashamed
Hell yeah, he has back problems.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
It'd be a tough fight, but in the end, yes, I think.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
My dad's 70 so it wouldn't be a fair contest.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification