Hi Guys ..

I was thinkin about getting an bugera 333 .. and i have a question , do you guys think that an OD ( ie. a tube screamer ) would be able to give me the same affect that the xl botton does on the bugera 333xl ????
It could help you get the slight boost in the lower frequencies that the XL switch gives you...but you won't have the built in noise gate...which might not be a bad thing. I wasn't impressed with either feature on the 333XL heads. If you've already decided on the Bugera, I'd go for the 333, get an OD pedal, and a decent noise gate/suppressor...maybe throw an EQ pedal in the loop.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Aug 2, 2010,
An OD goes in front of the preamp. I'm pretty sure the XL switches are after the preamp, so if you want to replicate them use an EQ.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Hum ok :S that will be a problem since i don´t have one yet ...

btw: You have a bugera 333 .. how is it man ?? (I have orderd one from music store )
Quote by Ruben O.
Hum ok :S that will be a problem since i don´t have one yet ...

btw: You have a bugera 333 .. how is it man ?? (I have orderd one from music store )
I love it. Does great br00t4lz sounds as well as great cleans (and everything in between). Don't find myself needing XL switches tbh. In fact, I have an EQ which I use to cut the lower mids. I definitely don't need more of those.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Ruben O.
Cool do you think it handells well hardrock tones ???

Yes, although I think rock is not its strongest point it does it quite well. Maybe putting some EL34s in it would help.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Ruben O.
And in bedroom volumes how does it behave ?

Pretty good. It can get very quiet. Sounds better at high volumes obviously, but it still performs well at practice volumes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

As far as the noise gate... No clue if this is true, or if the Bugera's are the same, but when I got my JSX fixed the tech told me the noise gate is just some crap circuit that does something... or other. Basically that it was useless.

Anyway, for bedroom volumes, depends how quiet you need to be. It should sound OK, even with the master at around 1. But once you turn it up... there's no going back.

I'm so glad I can turn my amps up
I have a huge fear if rays.
My amp is in the shop again with another tech so I'm going to ask him about it. But yeah, it didn't seem to do that much good. It does something... but it's still useless.
I have a huge fear if rays.
has anybody else tried out bugeras 333 ??? and has some info about the hard rock tones you can get out of it ??
i got a Ibanez TS7 for sale if your interested in a Ibanez TS9 sounding boost.
$30

same circuit as Ts9 just cheaper pcb.
^^I have a peavey xxx (which the 333 is modeled off of)...and it does hard rock and metal very well...while keeping a great clean channel. I love the amp.

^also use a TS7 with it...it's a great boost on the cheap
cool thanks guys..

btw: i already have an ts .. So.. thank you but no thank you xD