ive bought Ernie ball coated strings and regular 10's and i sweat alot but i heard coated strings sweat hardly affected coated strings

i play fender stratocaster made in mexico 2006 model

can anyone help me

P.S i clean string before and after playing :O i play 4 hours a day
Mine dull in about two days, but they still stay sounding great, feeling good and hold tune for several months. If anything I think they sound better after they've been worn-in for a month or two. I've got one set that has lasted over a year now.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Mine dull in about two days, but they still stay sounding great, feeling good and hold tune for several months. If anything I think they sound better after they've been worn-in for a month or two. I've got one set that has lasted over a year now.

Well I would recommend you to change strings a bit more often. One year?
They can't sound very good.
Quote by MrFlibble
Mine dull in about two days, but they still stay sounding great, feeling good and hold tune for several months. If anything I think they sound better after they've been worn-in for a month or two.I've got one set that has lasted over a year now.

How long do u think coated strings will last for if I play for around 2 hours everyday?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i would change your strings once a month. But it really comes down to how much you play, how much you can afford to spend on strings and how important your tone is to you.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
You should go with Elixer strings. I use ernie balls and my heavy set friend would always sweat on them and rust them up but he always used elixers on his stuff and they lasted several months. Just my 2 cents
Quote by shecter guy
You should go with Elixer strings. I use ernie balls and my heavy set friend would always sweat on them and rust them up but he always used elixers on his stuff and they lasted several months. Just my 2 cents
In my experience, Elixers wear faster than anything. D'Addario second, regular EBs third, Dean Markley fourth and the coated EBs do seem to last the longest.

Quote by kkquick
Well I would recommend you to change strings a bit more often. One year?
They can't sound very good.
Strings sound better the longer they're used, at least to me. I can't stand the sound of new strings. It's like having a metal pickguard on the guitar, horrible biting resonance.

Quote by holycow
How long do u think coated strings will last for if I play for around 2 hours everyday?
Depends on the nature of your skin, the climate you live in, how the guitar is stored, how you play, etc etc etc. I know some people who can't go two weeks without their strings breaking regardless of what brand they use. I on the other hand comfortably use a set of strings for six months to a year and one of my guitars has had the same strings for over two years now, no problems. It's all entirely subjective and impossible to predict.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
In my experience, Elixers wear faster than anything. D'Addario second, regular EBs third, Dean Markley fourth and the coated EBs do seem to last the longest.

Strings sound better the longer they're used, at least to me. I can't stand the sound of new strings. It's like having a metal pickguard on the guitar, horrible biting resonance.

Depends on the nature of your skin, the climate you live in, how the guitar is stored, how you play, etc etc etc. I know some people who can't go two weeks without their strings breaking regardless of what brand they use. I on the other hand comfortably use a set of strings for six months to a year and one of my guitars has had the same strings for over two years now, no problems. It's all entirely subjective and impossible to predict.

i agree well said
I'm one of those who doesn't really enjoy the sound of a net set of strings. Unfortunately, I'm also one of those whose sweat seems to be acrid enough to eat strings.

I went along for a few years just dealing with crap feeling strings until I finally coughed up and got a few sets of Elixir's. I'm on my first set (4-6 months old) and they still feel like new. That being said, I do use Kyser's Dr. Stringfellow string cleaner and lubricant every time I touch the guitar. $4.00/bottle and it's kept my $15 strings going longer than I used to get out of 4 $6.00 sets - so it's more economical in the long run.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
One year old strings sound better than new strings? I swear you guys have lost your mind.

New strings have a full, rich and bright tone. If you prefer a darker tone, I can understand that... but good god, one year is far too long to wait. Just replace your strings as you see fit. If you expect those 5 dollar strings to last 1000 hours of playing time, you're being far too cheap.

Don't reduce your playing time (silliest thing I've heard). Just keep them as clean as you can and just play. And wash your hands after you change your cars oil.
Quote by Concat
One year old strings sound better than new strings? I swear you guys have lost your mind.

New strings have a full, rich and bright tone. If you prefer a darker tone, I can understand that... but good god, one year is far too long to wait.
For me, new strings possess a thin, metallic tone that is nigh-on unsuable. Once they get to about two months old (sometimes sooner/longer, depends on the brand and time of year) they take on a warmer and thicker tone. Additionally, I find new strings simply hard to play on while older strings grip better.

Just replace your strings as you see fit.
Exactly. Which for me, is six months+.
IMO coated strings are best for people who play only occasionally. I find that they help fight back the corrosion from that atmosphere that builds up over time. So if you play and hour or so a day or less and then the guitars sits they are probably for you. For me I literally wear the coating off after a short while with frequent use and the strings corrode anyway. I would personally rather buy cheaper strings that I can change more frequently. I'm not a huge acoustic player so I use coated strings on my acoustics to keep them nice for those periods of disuse. I find coated strings to be more a marketing gimmick than anything. There just isn't any replacement for fresh strings unless you are like Flibble and don't like the brighter sounds. Hey Flibble have you tried flatwound strings they usually are a bit duller IMO.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
I find that the metallic sound of new strings often goes after a long session or two... not a month or two?
Quote by MrFlibble

I've always respected everything you said because I was always agreeing with you
however, this time, I'm gonna have to intervene

I've had experiences with a few brands... my Ibanez RG has elixir strings and they have been like new for over a year
Every time I bought Ernie Ball strings, I loved the tone they had. However, it has always taken me a few days to make them sound blunt and dull, and more often than not, i'd break all of the 6 strings within a week or two
My Musicman guitar still has the factory strings (which are EB I would guess) and they still haven't broken, but they do sound dull
D'addario strings last the longest in terms of non-coated strings IMO
I find D'addario non coated strings are really bright sounding when new but after around 2 days they sound less bright which i like.

Which coated strings keep their tone and dont rust the longest? Ernie ball coated, D'addario EXP coated or Elixir Nanoweb?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Darkflame
and more often than not, i'd break all of the 6 strings within a week or two
What the hell are you doing to your strings? Over the last five years, I can count the number of times that I've had a string break on one hand - four of those were just down to the crap Stestbar and its lethal saw blades that chew through everything.