So, I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and love it to death. However I want a second guitar that I can divebomb on. You see I like to play a lot Van Halen, and he uses a whammy a lot in his songs. With my LP, I can really recreate that whammy effect. So I'm wondering what is a guitar that could suit this need for divebombing and other whammy tricks?

Price range would be nothing over $900.

Thanks in advance.
ibanez RG series
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
why not look for a used peavey evh
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
RGs will be a popular choice except for the horror stories we keep hearing about their poor trem systems. Schecter and Jacksons might be better but I wholeheartedly endorse the trems used on Cort brand models (they make a lot of the Schecter range, some Jacksons, LTDs and many others). Once correctly set, they are 100% reliable.
My EVL-K6 would just about hit your price point and you'd be challenged to find a better made guitar under $1500.
If you've not used a FR type unit before, they do take a long time to get used to and first setting them up you should allow half a day.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519415

Take one of those and one of these

http://www.beyondeleven.com/Original-Floyd-Rose-reg-Brand-Tremolo-Bridge-p/floyd-rose-original-frt100-c.htm

install it yourself, its not hard at all unless you're a complete moron. Save yourself 400 bucks.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by Lurcher
RGs will be a popular choice except for the horror stories we keep hearing about their poor trem systems. Schecter and Jacksons might be better but I wholeheartedly endorse the trems used on Cort brand models (they make a lot of the Schecter range, some Jacksons, LTDs and many others). Once correctly set, they are 100% reliable.
My EVL-K6 would just about hit your price point and you'd be challenged to find a better made guitar under $1500.
If you've not used a FR type unit before, they do take a long time to get used to and first setting them up you should allow half a day.

That's just the Edge III man...
Well at least I think so...
Second hand charvel form the 80s

look at the one in my profile and tell me that isnt the perfect EVH style guitar...

Cheap too if you look hard enough

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb