I am not sure between the 2

Vox Tonelab LE
Pod x3 Live

It would be for direct recording.

I play mostly Hendrix/Jimmy page/SRV stuff

Thanks
Personally I'd say the Pod, but that's only because i've only used the Pod. The X3 is capable of just about any tone, it has some great classic amps perfect for ^^^ the guitarists you listed. I have some songs on my profile recorded completely with the Pod X3 but they're all metal songs, though I have experimented with the tones I can make and can replicate almost all of Jimmy Page's tones.
I've recorded pretty much everything with my Pod x3 live. We did a test-recording with my band, drums with awful mics sounded pretty decent with the right settings and amp. The guitars were pretty easy, but it all sounded really good (for home recording on an old computer with a freeware recording software).

I haven't tried the Tonelab, so I can't give an opinion about that one.
Gear:

Eastone ST-1
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Kustom Arrow 16
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The Box MA-120 MK-II
I have a Tonelab. I'd say for direct recording you're better off with a POD, since with that you've got USB which is pretty good quality (I think it's even 24-bit... can someone confirm/deny that for me?). For touring with a big amp that's mic'd, I'd definitely take a Vox.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I have a Tonelab. I'd say for direct recording you're better off with a POD, since with that you've got USB which is pretty good quality (I think it's even 24-bit... can someone confirm/deny that for me?). For touring with a big amp that's mic'd, I'd definitely take a Vox.

Thanks for the help,
I'll go with the x3 Live.