Like most men, I have hair that grows on my face. Unfortunately it's very strong and shaving is painful, and I always end up with bad shaving rash and cuts. To try and tackle this problem I buy increasingly more expensive and complicated products to try and fix this- shaving foam, shaving gel, shaving oil, razors with about 150 blades, etc. The problem has been a bit better but it's still very irritating.

A few days ago I ran out of all of this stuff and I thought shit, I'm going to have to just use this block of soap and a disposable razor, like people used to do before all these incredible products were around. So I rub the soap all over my face and try to prepare myself for how painful it's going to be. However, I finished shaving with no rash, no cuts, no irritation or pain, and the closest shave I've had since I was 15 years old with only bumfluff.

I've done the same since and it's perfect.

Moral of the story? Stop buying all this shit.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I use a crappy disposable razor and cheap foam and see no need to use expensive stuff.

I always buy stuff that is less technological.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Like most men, I have hair that grows on my face. Unfortunately it's very strong and shaving is painful, and I always end up with bad shaving rash and cuts. To try and tackle this problem I buy increasingly more expensive and complicated products to try and fix this- shaving foam, shaving gel, shaving oil, razors with about 150 blades, etc. The problem has been a bit better but it's still very irritating.

A few days ago I ran out of all of this stuff and I thought shit, I'm going to have to just use this block of soap and a disposable razor, like people used to do before all these incredible products were around. So I rub the soap all over my face and try to prepare myself for how painful it's going to be. However, I finished shaving with no rash, no cuts, no irritation or pain, and the closest shave I've had since I was 15 years old with only bumfluff.

I've done the same since and it's perfect.

Moral of the story? Stop buying all this shit.

Disposables and soap always seemed to work better for me.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by rabidguitarist
Moral of the story? Stop buying all this shit shaving.
*fixed*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
You're right, it's all a marketing scam to keep selling you crap you don't need. All those bs gadgets and they still don't do as good a job as a good ol' fashioned straight razor. It's the domestic equivalent of the modelling vs valve amps thing. ie. A complicated solution to a non-existent problem.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
You're right, it's all a marketing scam to keep selling you crap you don't need. All those bs gadgets and they still don't do as good a job as a good ol' fashioned straight razor. It's the domestic equivalent of the modelling vs valve amps thing.

In what way...valve amps and modellers are completely different, they just have a similar task. Valves sound a hell of a lot nicer but have less options (normally) than an equivalent modeller.

Valves and modelling amps are more like scalpels and chainsaws.
Once when i was low on money i used my mrs waxing strips as my razor was blunt. Don't recomend it at all.
Quote by Todd Hart
In what way...valve amps and modellers are completely different, they just have a similar task. Valves sound a hell of a lot nicer but have less options (normally) than an equivalent modeller.

They are a complicated solution to a non-existent problem. All that technology and the old fashioned solution still does a far better job.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Todd Hart

I'm not going to shave my face with a chainsaw.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
If I have very light growth then the multiblade razors ( I still just use cheap disposable ones) work much better and more quickly. If I haven't shaved in a few days, the ol' single bladed bic actually cleans things up much more nicely with less irritation.

Just depends on my need at the time; one doesn't really work better than the other, they're just different.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm not going to shave my face with a chainsaw.
k, koo. but if you change your mind about that, video please.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
soap and after a shower - yes, the best.
disposables? wtf, no! unless you don't have that much hair. i still use a mach 3 because disposables actually do cut me more and aren't as smooth and are probably not as efficient price-wise as you can use a mach 3 blade over and over.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by untalented
soap and after a shower - yes, the best.
disposables? wtf, no! unless you don't have that much hair. i still use a mach 3 because disposables actually do cut me more and aren't as smooth and are probably not as efficient price-wise as you can use a mach 3 blade over and over.

I was still using a Sensor Excel last year. Then the handle pretty much disintigrated after about 6 years use.

EDIT: OK, I'm now not going to shave for the remainder of the week. There are at least 2 places nearby that will do a hot towel shave, and imma go have one.
Quote by Pencil Man
wow that site is awesome.

+ a manly 1
Slappa tha bass
I only ever use disposables and soap and would continue to do so if i were a millionaire.

It's a rip off for people trying to be manly. I never by aftershave either, **** paying for something that has like a 1000% profit margin, they all smell the same anyway.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Aftershave (real stuff with alcohol in it) is a good idea too. It kills any errant bugs before they can attack your skin through the tiny, even microscopic cuts and cause a rash. It's bracing too, wakes you up.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I only ever use disposables and soap and would continue to do so if i were a millionaire.

It's a rip off for people trying to be manly. I never by aftershave either, **** paying for something that has like a 1000% profit margin, they all smell the same anyway.

I concur. I mean, £20 for a bottle of 98% water and 2% cheap chemical smell...no thanks.

About the most expensive thing I have for shaving is the foam, and that's because I have sensitive skin and so have to use special foam.

And electric razors...why?

Quote by Cathbard
Aftershave (real stuff with alcohol in it) is a good idea too. It kills any errant bugs before they can attack your skin through the tiny, even microscopic cuts and cause a rash. It's bracing too, wakes you up.

I'm fairly certain that most of the bacteria that live on my skin are either benevolent or futile in trying to resist my immune system.

The proper stuff is good, it's just far too expensive.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by Todd Hart

I'm fairly certain that most of the bacteria that live on my skin are either benevolent or futile in trying to resist my immune system.

The proper stuff is good, it's just far too expensive.

Well if you don't mind smelling like a lush you can use vodka too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well if you don't mind smelling like a lush you can use vodka too.

Meh, real men wipe their face with freshly obtained bear blood.
I use electric shavers. I don't really give a crap about a close shave since i usually grow my stubble out then shave when it gets too long.
Quote by Todd Hart
Meh, real men wipe their face with freshly obtained bear blood.

We don't have bears so we have to settle for Taipan venom. It's true what Hollywood says - if you want a real man go to Australia.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I dry shave with a safety razor, habit I developed in the army.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Cathbard

We don't have bears so we have to settle for Taipan venom. It's true what Hollywood says - if you want a real man go to Australia.

I'll be honest with you; it can be any animals blood, so long as that animal has the capacity to kill you and you have to have killed it with a toothpick.
Quote by Todd Hart
I'll be honest with you; it can be any animals blood, so long as that animal has the capacity to kill you and you have to have killed it with a toothpick.

A toothpick? Real men use their teeth.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
A toothpick? Real men use their teeth.

Pussy. Killing something with your teeth is way easier than a toothpick.
I have a VERY sensible skin. I use a Gillette ProGlide 5 blades with Aveeno shaving cream.

Does wonder for my skin.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by MightyAl
I always find the best way to shave is right after showering, tbh.

Definitely, the warm water makes the hair softer, and so it is easier to shave, i have pretty sensitive skin, so i always shave after showering, then use some shaving gel, start shaving the neck, then from the cheeks to the edges of the mouth, then above the lip, and finish with the chin, always shave with the grain because otherwise it can cause a rash.

I want to get a good razor as well, i saw a safety razor the other week in boots (a cosmetics shop), so i might go get one from there.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by 20cdndollars
Did you know that dead people can get razor burn too?
I've never head one complain about that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I've never head one complain about that.

They mostly complain about the lack of brains.
Water + that razor with like 5 blades, and I've only ever cut myself on pimples or if I miss a bit and nick my lip. Feels good man.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by MightyAl
They mostly complain about the lack of brains.
really? i've never heard one complain about that either.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411