Quote by archenemyfan
signature = overpriced

sl3mg

Considering the KH-602 is 899 and the LS3MG is 1299. I'd say the Jackson's overpriced and they're similarly spec'd.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I like the Kirk Hammett signature But I'd play that Jackson too.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
uhh.. if you change tunings a lot or if you don't use the FR that often i would take the Jackson

If you plan on staying in the same tuning and need the FR i would get the KH-602
As simple as that
Quote by RBM01991
Considering the KH-602 is 899 and the LS3MG is 1299. I'd say the Jackson's overpriced and they're similarly spec'd.

but MIJ jacksons are said to be of better quality than deluxes,cant be sure though,I've never compared them side by side.....although when I played them I liked the jackson more because of the neck shape
Quote by archenemyfan
but MIJ jacksons are said to be of better quality than deluxes,cant be sure though,I've never compared them side by side.....although when I played them I liked the jackson more because of the neck shape

Honestly for 1299, he can get a USA Carvin like mine, and he wont have to worry about quality. Mine was 1304 with case and shipping. TS should look into it. I love Jackson guitars and all, but when it comes to quality hardware, wood and especially quality control, You cant beat Carvin at that price range.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Wrong, the KH-602 is overpriced for what it is. TS would be better off with an M-1000 versus the KH, but in the end I'd still vote the Jackson because it's better quality.

A real comparison would be the $1200-$1400 ESP M-II versus the Jackson, to which, then, I'd vote the ESP.
Quote by siverstorm

A real comparison would be the $1200-$1400 ESP M-II versus the Jackson, to which, then, I'd vote the ESP.

yah thats the problem,these MIJ SL3mg's are really oddly priced,cause ESP standards are better than these jacksons no doubt..I really dont what to compare it with..maybe prestiges?
You can easliy find a Prestige Ibanez at that price point, and then at that point it's all about preference.

If you like ESP necks, you get the ESP.
If you like Jackson's compound radius neck, you get the Jackson.
If you like Ibanez millimetre thick necks, you get the Ibanez.

TS should try the guitars out and see what he likes. Since all this thread is, is just a pointless versus thread where people yell out their favourite brands.
Quote by siverstorm
You can easliy find a Prestige Ibanez at that price point, and then at that point it's all about preference.

If you like ESP necks, you get the ESP.
If you like Jackson's compound radius neck, you get the Jackson.
If you like Ibanez millimetre thick necks, you get the Ibanez.

TS should try the guitars out and see what he likes. Since all this thread is, is just a pointless versus thread where people yell out their favourite brands.

Spot on sir!

I'm a Jackson fan, but with that choice i'd be sorely tempted by the ESP.

It doesn't seem to work that way here in the UK though. Generally most ESP Standards are a few hundred £ more than the top MIJ Jacksons, and the USA Jacksons are a few hundred £ more than the ESPs, so it's fairly staggered pricing.