Idk if this should go in the subforum for song covers, but whatever. I'm new to singing, so I know I'm not exactly a terrific singer, but I don't know exactly how to get better, either (inb4 practice derp). I uploaded a clip of me singing a cover of Radio War, by Iron and Wine on my profile. The song itself will also probably suck, as I did it in one take, as to not get bogged down with correcting every little mistake like I normally do, and the audio quality itself could've been better. I also did the song in a different key to suit my narrow range, but that's irrelevant. But anywho, if someone listen to the song on my profile and tell me what about my voice needs improvement, that'd be terrific...
"Love everything. Know nothing."

"What do you mean 'do you even know how to play bongo drums?'?! Do I not have hands?! And pot?!"
Couldn't hear it dood. But, what I could hear, you actually sounded above average. Sing with more confidence, and get better recording gear, if you're serious about people hearing you sing and play and such.

What did you use to record this?
I used a Zoom Q3 audio/video recorder. For how expensive it was, I would've thought it'd record better, though maybe I'm just using it wrong. If it's not very audible, that's probably because I recorded it using the lowest sensitivity setting on the recorder, because anything higher and it's too easy to make it too loud. After I uploaded it I tried turning the volume up on it to make it more audible, but I guess I didn't turn it up enough >.>. Try turning the volume on your computer up all the way or something idk lol. Thanks for the advice though Imme

"What do you mean 'do you even know how to play bongo drums?'?! Do I not have hands?! And pot?!"
Oh! Yeah, I actually did turn my volume up to an ungodly level to hear it. Are you putting the recording on any kind of program on your computer?
Wassup? I can't hear it either.

With my Zoom H4 (similar to yours), I only use the low sensitivity option for situations where I'm recording a full band using stacks and a PA. Use a higher sensitivity for acoustic/solo stuff. The sensitivity is only too high when you get distortion on the tracks. If it's too loud for you, turn the volume down
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Well, the Zoom Q3 has a built in editing software, but really all it's good for is choosing when the clip starts and ends, just to cut out the silence when I get up to turn the recorder on and off. But then I used an audio editing program called Audacity to turn the volume up. Though unfortunately it could only save as a WAV., so I used free-convert.com to convert it to mp3 so I could upload it on this site. Idk how much of that is relevant to your question, sorry, I'm not terribly computer-savvy lol.

Quote by AlanHB
Wassup? I can't hear it either.

With my Zoom H4 (similar to yours), I only use the low sensitivity option for situations where I'm recording a full band using stacks and a PA. Use a higher sensitivity for acoustic/solo stuff. The sensitivity is only too high when you get distortion on the tracks. If it's too loud for you, turn the volume down

Huh, mine might be faulty then or something, or maybe I should just set it on the other side of my room instead of like 4 feet away, cus I tried recording an instrumental song earlier, but certain parts that weren't even very loud (I was fingerpicking most of the song) made it too loud and gave it this fuzzy distorted sound when I played it back.

Quote by TheJake1
Well, the Zoom Q3 has a built in editing software, but really all it's good for is choosing when the clip starts and ends, just to cut out the silence when I get up to turn the recorder on and off. But then I used an audio editing program called Audacity to turn the volume up. Though unfortunately it could only save as a WAV., so I used free-convert.com to convert it to mp3 so I could upload it on this site. Idk how much of that is relevant to your question, sorry, I'm not terribly computer-savvy lol.

Hmm, then I'm not really sure why it's too quiet... maybe try setting it further away, like you said, and playing/singing louder?
I guess I'll give it a try then, hopefully sometime today or something I'll upload something else then, thanks for the advice

A bit quiet, but still excellent. Feel free to explore your vocal range, try using chest voice, going low, high, see what you can do.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf