I own a LTD-M100MH, and on certain frets (for example 3rd string, 12th fret and 4th string, 2nd fret) my guitar will produce an odd ringing noise that sounds similar to a harmonic that will keep ringing even after i have muted the string. I have a licensed FR, could it possibly be something inside that?
Its not an annoyance, just something I've noticed and been curious about.
It's likely to be the springs in the back of the trem ringing in sympathy with the tones of those frets, it's an easy fix though.

Basically just open up the back of the guitar and pack some toilet paper or something in the back then close it back up, that should stop it pretty well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ahh, alright. I use my trem quite a lot though, so I'd rather not have the toilet paper getting caught and ripped up in the springs. My pickups don't detect the sound, so its not really a big issue, I was just curious as to what it could be.
Quote by metalheadinjury
Ahh, alright. I use my trem quite a lot though, so I'd rather not have the toilet paper getting caught and ripped up in the springs. My pickups don't detect the sound, so its not really a big issue, I was just curious as to what it could be.

Fair enough, just remember if you ever do any recording, if you record with the same issue you probably will be able to hear it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
toilet paper/tissue paper will not inhibit your use of the trem, steve vai does this to all his guitars for the exact reasons outlined by zaphod.