We were playing together for over half a year, he rarely wrote any original material so we played only my songs. We are pretty same experience guitarists, but since he wasn't "that good" he turned to play rhythm. We were a duo. But lately he was beginning to change his attitude into "not giving a ****".

At first I tried to MOTIVATE him into writing some cool songs, because he did write some, but of... another genre. About a month + 7 days ago he told me he was going to another country for a month, so I encouraged him to use his time wisely and write at least 1 song, and not even some kinda cool melody based just chords+shitty lyrics.

Now he came back, he never wrote anything new because he had a more important thing to do: hang out, have fun and do nothing. So I gently told him to **** off and told him to never come for repetitions. Now all left to do is for you guys to tell me that it was a good thing I kicked him out! Beforehand we were a duo, so now I'll be forced to write some cool lead parts over HIS rhythm parts, and use backtrack so it'll sound cool.

So, was it good or bad to kick the lazy bun?
Its sounds to me like you didnt listen to him all that much, and are quite wrapped up in your own ideas of what your music should be, which in turn put him off writing stuff because you didnt want to use it. ( he wrote stuff of a different genre) you could still incorperate riffs etc...
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
He is VERY LAZY, he doesn't even know all our songs, he hardly learns them, he can hardly play easy rhythm, he doesn't remember ANY of our songs by 100%... By different genre, I mean shanson, which is a horrible interpretation of russian pop, especially considering he CAN'T SING FOR SHIT. I don't limit myself to a specific genre but shanson????! -,-
Quote by !-twisty-!
Its sounds to me like you didnt listen to him all that much, and are quite wrapped up in your own ideas of what your music should be, which in turn put him off writing stuff because you didnt want to use it. ( he wrote stuff of a different genre) you could still incorperate riffs etc...

This.
Sounds like YOU had YOUR idea of what YOUR band was going to sound like and that was that, he had to write this genre of music and nothing else. Loosen up.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Soo..you weren't really a band at all then, so you're still not going anywhere

I can play solo, my genre allows. Also I recently found myself a bassist, and a girl on synth.
Quote by Zeletros
I can play solo, my genre allows.

Have fun on your own then, it doesn't sound like your ego allows for other people anyway.
What is this? I came here for people to tell me that "Good job, that dude sucks", "You should replace him". You don't know him and you don't know me. I gave a short story, yet you still protect him.

I should have taken this to the pit -,-
Quote by Zeletros

So, was it good or bad to kick the lazy bun?

Judging by the responses, I'd say bad. You got what you came for kiddo
Quote by Zeletros
What is this? I came here for people to tell me that "Good job, that dude sucks", "You should replace him". You don't know him and you don't know me. I gave a short story, yet you still protect him.

It kind of seems like you did something bad, and no one that you know in real life agrees with you so you come here to try and make people agree with you. Apparently your plan backfired and now you're angry.

I think you could have been more patient with him, try to work with the little he had written, or just tell him to try and think up a few riffs you guys could use.
Alright Axl Rose Junior..... just chill. Tell him you didnt mean it and give him a chance.... but you cant force him to play music your way
Quote by Zeletros

Don't stand in the rain if you're scared of the thunder. You asked for an opinion and got one. Just not what you wanted.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
You're asking for people's opinion, and that is exactly what you got. If you came here for people to say "good job", you probably would've been better off keeping that to yourself. In my opinion, I think that was a bad choice kicking him out of your band. First of all, you now don't have a rhythm guitarist. Second of all, I think it was a stupid reason for kicking him. It's not uncommon for a single person to write music for a band. Forcing someone to write something as expressive as music when they don't want is not going to turn out well. I think it was a pretty dick move for kicking him out of the band because he wouldn't write music during his vacation.

You need to realized that the world does not revolve around you.
Quote by Zeletros

Perhaps posting a blog on your profile where you manipulated the story into something really one-sided rhetoric would have achieved this?

Given that you've stated the intention of this thread, and that this thread will clearly not yield that result, I think it's time to close it.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.