Page 1 of 2
Was Bugera started by Behringer, or were they bought out by Behringer. Basically Im asking what is the relationship between Behringer and Bugera Amps
I believe the Bugera line is owned by and was created by Behringer.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw

Boom. This is true.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by guitarsftw

Pretty sure Bugera is it's own company...and Behringer just distributes their stuff. Either way...carry on
Quote by Rautio
They're both related to the Earl of Shittiness.

That's an untrue and outdated statement.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by Rautio
They're both related to the Earl of Shittiness.

Their peavey clones and V series seem to say other wise
now the marshall clones yes they are
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by eyebanez333
Pretty sure Bugera is it's own company...and Behringer just distributes their stuff. Either way...carry on

The original press release stated that they were made by Behringer. The distribution rumor was started by fan boys who want to distance the brand from Behringer.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The original press release stated that they were made by Behringer. The distribution rumor was started by fan boys who want to distance the brand from Behringer.

I stand corrected
They're made in Behringer City, marketed by Behringer and distributed by Behringer. Although the circuitry, as you probably know, was designed... elsewhere...
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
^SHHHHH circuits are secret secret
Quote by mexican_shred
^SHHHHH circuits are secret secret

Yes, they're all locked away safely in a secret vault!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

So if Behringer was able to turn Bugera around after they made all those crummy amps that did stuff like catch fire at random then what’s keeping them from getting their pedal business together?
Behringer had the bugera brand long before the amps and made bugera speakers for there behringer cheap cabs YEARS before the ampline ever came out. Breakign a personal rule here but eh
Quote by Kanthras
Yes, they're all locked away safely in a secret vault!

Thank goodness only us internet guys surfing with our futuristic computer machines have access to them. Think of the disaster if this was available to the general public!
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by jpnyc
So if Behringer was able to turn Bugera around after they made all those crummy amps that did stuff like catch fire at random then what’s keeping them from getting their pedal business together?

Behringer pedals are in general good budget pedals. Not sure what you mean with Bugeras catching fire either.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by TheQuailman
Thank goodness only us internet guys suring with out futuristic computer machines have access to them. Think of the disaster if this was available to the general public!
Yes, the public must never get a hold of schematics . They might become confused, frustrated and angered from all the lines and symbols. It could start a mass panic, for goodness's sake!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

sadly yes. i hate to say it. however from using their products i have to say the bugera sect of the company puts its larger corporate bro to shame. everything i have seen from beringher is total crap. so far i am not disappointed with anything bugera. not for the prices.

you have to consider prices. not everyone is rich. not everyone owns a BMW. not everyone has a mansion. you can just say something is crap. cmpared to what other option.

fact is, in its price range bugera destroys everything made pretty much.
Maybe when they first came out but Jet City surpasses Bugera in reliability by far nowadays. Even with the supposed fixes. And I for one strongly prefer the tone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

edit: Brain fart occurred here
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by justinb904
Behringer doesn't own Bugera but they are both owned buy the same parent company and thus share marketing, distribution etc. Separate companies with shared infrastructure.

Behringer is owned by nobody. Where are you getting your misinformation from? The original press release stated that Behringer was rolling out a new tube amp line.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Behringer is owned by nobody. Where are you getting your misinformation from? The original press release stated that Behringer was rolling out a new tube amp line.

You're right. I was getting them mixed up with something else I was reading about the other week which for the life of me I can't remember what it was. It had something to do with manufacturing. Now this is going to bother me till I figure out what it was...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by mmolteratx
Isn't Behringer is owned by Uli Behringer?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
Isn't Behringer is owned by Uli Behringer?

Yes, but what he meant was that both Behringer and Bugera were owned by a parent company, which is not true. Behringer is a huge audio corporation, and actually owns an enormous manufacturing facility in China (called Behringer City) where they manufacture all of their products.

I will say, Behringer's non-guitar-related products are supposed to be fairly decent. Not top of the line stuff, mind you, but decent.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by mmolteratx
You know what I meant.

I didn't read the post you quoted and was genuinely confused.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by ikey_
sadly yes. i hate to say it. however from using their products i have to say the bugera sect of the company puts its larger corporate bro to shame. everything i have seen from beringher is total crap. so far i am not disappointed with anything bugera. not for the prices.

you have to consider prices. not everyone is rich. not everyone owns a BMW. not everyone has a mansion. you can just say something is crap. cmpared to what other option.

fact is, in its price range bugera destroys everything made pretty much.

This is true, and its good. I havent heard anything under twice the price of a bugera amp that puts up a good competition in terms of eirther tone or versatility. Jet city amps are great but they are very inversatile.
Inversatile? I beg to differ. The JCA20 can do rock crunch to Metal by itself. the jca50 and 100 are much more expansive. Hell you can pick up jca20's for like 180 bucks too, and jca 50s for 500
Quote by mexican_shred
Inversatile? I beg to differ. The JCA20 can do rock crunch to Metal by itself. the jca50 and 100 are much more expansive. Hell you can pick up jca20's for like 180 bucks too, and jca 50s for 500

This. And I'd hardly call the 6260 or 6262 versatile. Maybe the 333 but it's more of a jack of all trades except for doing a pretty good high gain sound for the price.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
This. And I'd hardly call the 6260 or 6262 versatile. Maybe the 333 but it's more of a jack of all trades except for doing a pretty good high gain sound for the price.

333xl. The clean is beautiful even moreso than the lower gain jet city which is surprising from a high gain amp. The high gain.. no comment. And I see lots of praise from people that play ultra high gain too, which is something I dont do...
Well the JCA20 doesn't have dedicated cleans. Compare it to an amp that is similarly featured. The JCA50 has much nicer cleans IMO and I know many will agree.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Ehh the cleans on the jca50 and 333xl are about the same. The ones on the 333xl arent as warm as jca50. So its different cleans/strokes for different folks
Cause the combo is weirdly based on a lucky 13
Quote by mexican_shred
Ehh the cleans on the jca50 and 333xl are about the same. The ones on the 333xl arent as warm as jca50. So its different cleans/strokes for different folks

True. I use my jet city for bluesy, old hard rock jams over the 333xl. I still use my 333xl live and for everything else... is much more versatile and can do more styles with a better tone.
yes, but my bugera 6262 stands up and growls at my Peavey XXX .... i play it more than the XXX
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by mexican_shred
Cause the combo is weirdly based on a lucky 13

yes for some reason it happened like that. Why? I have no idea.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by nyandres
True. I use my jet city for bluesy, old hard rock jams over the 333xl. I still use my 333xl live and for everything else... is much more versatile and can do more styles with a better tone.

You gotta remember though, the except for the JCA 50 and JCA 100 heads the other jet cities are based on different amps
Quote by mexican_shred
You gotta remember though, the except for the JCA 50 and JCA 100 heads the other jet cities are based on different amps

Im just basing my experience on my JCA50 which i purchased on recommendations reading threads here. Its a great amp, but its actually very unversatile on its own.
Quote by kakos
yes, but my bugera 6262 stands up and growls at my Peavey XXX .... i play it more than the XXX

But they're completely different amps. Compare it to a 5150.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Page 1 of 2