Metal played using guitars is my favorite genre, anyone have any suggestions for some good bands barring Def Leppard, Pantera and Old Man's child?

Death knows how to rock this genre. If anyone knows of any similiar bands I would love to hear about them.

Does this give you an indication of how annoying these threads are? If it keeps up we will just have threads for each subgenre of metal, and no individual bands or anything else... or else im just being a narky bollocks. Take your pick. Although Il give exception to the deathcore one, as they need to be kept away from normal ordinary folk.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
i'm confused
ok i think i get it now
u want bands similar to the one's u listed?
in any case i don't know much bands like that
Last edited by metalheadblues at Aug 2, 2010,
Converge.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Are you referring to the melodic black metal thread?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Strangles is bitter that we are trying to just lump everything in genre and sub genre threads, rather than promote bands

quite frankly, im with him. Im more apt to open a thread of a band name I don't recognize rather than a genre I tend to write off, if that makes sense.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
Strangles is bitter that we are trying to just lump everything in genre and sub genre threads, rather than promote bands

quite frankly, im with him. Im more apt to open a thread of a band name I don't recognize rather than a genre I tend to write off, if that makes sense.

Bingo.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I think the broad genre threads are ok, Black, Death, Folk etc, but I dont think we need multiple subgenre threads.

Only problem Ive found with individual band threads is, if people haven't heard of the band, they tend not to comment rather than investigate the band themselves.
wait back up here...
are you telling me that somewhere there is metulz being played without guitar somewhere
Quote by supersac
wait back up here...
are you telling me that somewhere there is metulz being played without guitar somewhere

Om
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by supersac
wait back up here...

Arguably Dark Ambient stuff I suppose like vinterriket and what not
Theres no point in having a forum dedicated to metal if we dont talk about individual bands - any mongo can wikipedia whatever genre they want and get the classics like. Ive gotten into some great bands through threads here, and will want to keep doing so...the all-in-one threads I use for talking shite, mainly.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
As opposed to what you talk in every other thread?

Hurr hurr.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link

Ooooooooh moderator!

Haha. Ah but you know what I mean man, Its great seeing someone starting a thread with a bit of passion and knowledge about the band. Those list ones get a tad silly after a while.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Yeah, 'tis, but it's not like i'm gonna start closing threads because of it. If people want to talk about particular sub-genres, let them have at it, but we all know the regs are gonna keep posting threads on great bands. Even if only 3 or 4 people click on to it.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Ah yeah that sounds fair actually. You can probably get rid of this one in that case!

/rant

/thread

/life

//
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I agree, sub-genres are useless. Just call it music.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
It's not like we have an entire page of sub-genre threads, if you want to bump a band's thread or create a thread about a band, there's nothing stopping you. But I do get your point.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Stranglehold
Metal played using guitars is my favorite genre, anyone have any suggestions for some good bands barring Def Leppard, Pantera and Old Man's child?

Death knows how to rock this genre. If anyone knows of any similiar bands I would love to hear about them.

Does this give you an indication of how annoying these threads are? If it keeps up we will just have threads for each subgenre of metal, and no individual bands or anything else... or else im just being a narky bollocks. Take your pick. Although Il give exception to the deathcore one, as they need to be kept away from normal ordinary folk.

If that offends you don't ever look in the chat threads...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
You're lucky you don't see mine and Andy's msn convos. It typically consists of masturbation and how uncool the deathcore thread is.

But in all fairness Strangles, the black metal thread is like a second home to this young heathen...I'd rather talk about bands that have one demo in there and how shit is, or 17 demos like Apator, without creating a thread on them.
Andy?

This thread has inspired me to spam this place with grind/PV/sludge bands, I plan on a thread a day up until I forget/run out of bands to talk about.
Quote by ChemicalFire
WBAT.

Also, Sludge is good...Powerviolence i'm not too much of a fan of, but Grind is awesome. You heard O.L.D.?

You better have, is what i'm essentially saying.
Quote by severed-metal
WBAT.

Also, Sludge is good...Powerviolence i'm not too much of a fan of, but Grind is awesome. You heard O.L.D.?

You better have, is what i'm essentially saying.

Yeah... them... I'm a huuuuuuge fan....

Album rec?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Why Old Lady Drivers of course! The LP gets done what needs to be done.

Shutup Annihlator, at least we jerk it to Helstar.
The black metal thread is quite useful to just chat about stuff not worth making a thread about (as severed said). Probably the same goes for a few of the other big sub-genre threads.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
I don't see why there can't be melodic black metal talk in the black metal thread, but I for the most part like the balance.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
The death metal, technical death metal, thrash metal, and heavy/power metal threads are pretty useless, but I can understand the purpose for the black metal thread, seeing as most bands mentioned in there would have a 1 to 2 reply thread along the lines of "I'll check it out".
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

^Are you kidding?

My thrash knownledge has expanded with... roughly 830 % thanks to the thrash thread.
And I'm sure others have had similar experiences with other threads.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade