So my band's working on a new album and I wanted to upgrade my system to record with. I've got a quad core PC that I plan to dual boot with OSx (so we can use Logic). My question is what kind of interface should I use to do the recording?

I have 2 different USB interfaces, but I was thinking about upgrading them to a PCI device... but I don't want to spend much more than $200. My biggest concern is that it has to work in OSx but plug into a PC.
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
Quote by theGlitch
So my band's working on a new album and I wanted to upgrade my system to record with. I've got a quad core PC that I plan to dual boot with OSx (so we can use Logic). My question is what kind of interface should I use to do the recording?

I have 2 different USB interfaces, but I was thinking about upgrading them to a PCI device... but I don't want to spend much more than $200. My biggest concern is that it has to work in OSx but plug into a PC.

Are you making a hackintosh? Because I don't think you can boot OSx on a non-Mac computer unless you do the hackintosh thing.
Quote by britishsligean
look at a line 6 ux2

That's what I use, but if you have more to spend there are definitely better, such as Presonus, which uses better preamps (or so I've heard)
Quote by Meelad360
Are you making a hackintosh? Because I don't think you can boot OSx on a non-Mac computer unless you do the hackintosh thing.

that's the plan...
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
yeah dude...good luck with the OS thing...but if you want any sort of professionalism in the quality of the recording stay away from Line 6 and Presonus. Amateurish at best.

Focusrite is in the right direction. Comparable price, MUCH better quality.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com