Are there any Good PRS clones? Looking for McCarty and Hollowbody II styled guitars. Thanks :-]
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.

this could be interesting. i'm not aware of any but interested in the responses. dillion guitars makes a knock off custom 22 or 24 i believe.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I would be ok with the SE series but I hear negative comments about it.

VGS Spirit Pro is the only one I know.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
how close of a clone? like an exact copy or in the ballpark? i know tokai does one, but it's more in the ballpark. haven't tried it, but it's probably pretty decent (there's an MIJ one with a wilkinson trem etc.). if you're in the UK, patrick eggles are in the ballpark, too, but not exact clones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Aug 2, 2010,
What negative comments have you heard about SE's? They are great guitars. Anyone that owns one will tell you that.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
What negative comments have you heard about SE's? They are great guitars. Anyone that owns one will tell you that.
I owned one. It played pretty well, but it sounded awful.

Your mileage obviously varied.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
There have been clones in the past - Dillon and some other Asian ones. They're not very close. Overall the SEs are better guitars than the clones. The SEs mostly need help with the pickups whereas some of the other clones have fretwork problems and crappy wood.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
I love my SE to bits, nothing wrong with it
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Did a little browsing on the site, how does ESP get a lawsuit after making an explorer copy whilst Dillion basically makes the exact same guitar and no lawsuit? Those Strat copys look like the authentic real thing.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
ESP got a lawsuit for their explorer and classic V shapes because they started cutting into Gibson's profits. I highly doubt that Dillion sells enough of theirs to do the same to PRS.

To keep on topic, Rondo sells the Agile Hawker. Kind of similar to a PRS, but the horns are a little pointier. Plus, they use tune-o-matics for the bridge instead of an all in one piece. They used to sell one with a Wilkinson trem as well, but I haven't seen it for a while.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2968.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/hawkerblk.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/hawkeramberquilt.html
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Probably because dillion arent a mainstream brand and wont cut into their profits really.

SEs are overpriced really, if you get one for cheap from fleabay it might be worth it.

Id defo reccomend looking into the MIJ Tokais though. Theyre pretty killer.
Vintage sell the VRS100 cheaply in the UK which is suprisingly good qualityfor the price, i would say just under an Epiphone Les Paul Custom which retail for over twice as much, hardware is all wilkinson and good for the price however a new nut will do a lot of good.

Quote by gregs1020

this could be interesting. i'm not aware of any but interested in the responses. dillion guitars makes a knock off custom 22 or 24 i believe.

I have an old 2007 Custom 22 copy from them. If my tele's contrast is anything to go by, in the past three years they've done nothing but improve.

That said though, it depends on how much the TS wants to spend; If he's willing to spend any more than $1,000, I'd recommend a Carvin CT, especially now that they make24-fret models.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
DicekSox you may have made my day lol but I can't find any tokais. this is good though. um question, would the Dillon actually be a good guitar? lol TC Ellis also makes a body like that.. http://tcellisguitars.com/guitars4sale.html called the series 1

Quote by Rcasa630
DicekSox you may have made my day lol but I can't find any tokais. this is good though. um question, would the Dillon actually be a good guitar? lol TC Ellis also makes a body like that.. http://tcellisguitars.com/guitars4sale.html called the series 1

Yes and no. It'll do pretty much everything very nicely up until you get to "People have actually heard of this signed artist" level. At that point, you're making money if you're making music, so go get yourself something nicer. It's like most $450-$500 guitars; they're good guitars, but of course there's better. I personally think they're an excellent copy brand though, my tele beats out more than a few American teles, so I can promise you now you'll at least be happy.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
used CE model. got mine for 1250, though you can get them much cheaper if you dont want the top or whatever.
check around for some used ones, i lvoe mine
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by Rcasa630
I would be ok with the SE series but I hear negative comments about it.

Like what? I've got one and it's great, no problems with it at all
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
How about buying a real PRS and not some piece of shit copy from who the fuk knows where and supporting the people who take pride in making quality instruments for us instead of those intent on ripping off kids who work hard for a decent guitar with shit guitars being passed off as something that looks similar to a quality guitar.
The SE's are nice especially since they started putting bird inlays in their newer models. However the lack of the carved top...
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by yellowv

yeah no-one who owns one could be biased at all.

Ones I've tried have been pretty variable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sstony
How about buying a real PRS and not some piece of shit copy from who the fuk knows where and supporting the people who take pride in making quality instruments for us instead of those intent on ripping off kids who work hard for a decent guitar with shit guitars being passed off as something that looks similar to a quality guitar.

Because he can't afford it?
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
yeah, i mean if you're talking about chinese clones which try to pass themselves off as the real thing, then I agree. If you're talking about other good makers who make cheaper guitars than PRS, but which are still good guitars, and which are similar in style to PRS, then I disagree. PRS isn't the only company making good guitars, or taking pride in making good guitars.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fame Forum
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

Pokémon CYOA
Click here for my electro tunes!

Proud user and abuser of Bugera