Hey guys how's it going, first post hah.

A friend of my family hooked me up with a fender Princeton Chorus(125 watt) with a ART SGX T2 effects board, and an ART X-15 ultrafoot pedal system.
Not really messing with the effect board/pedals yet.

Anyways I know little to none about amps, effects, etc.

I know this amp is more for a clean guitar playing style, but it has the distortion/overdrive channel(gain,limiter, mid boost button, presense, volume).
What would be some ideal settings for Metal/hard/metalcore sound(Big fan of Parkway drive, megadeth, lamb of god, etc)?
This is what I have to work with, so if anyone could share some help that would be great.
Whether it be just the amp settings with/or without the pedals/effects too?

Thanks Guys
Treble - 10
Mids - 0 (that's right, ZERO!)
Bass - 10
Gain - set to taste

that should do yer for your heavy sounds.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Thanks

Anyways, would anyone recommend any distortion pedals, etc for this sort of amp?
i owned one for 2 years great amp for rock and clean. metal it just won't do though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Swordey
A friend of my family hooked me up with a fender Princeton Chorus(125 watt)

[...]

What would be some ideal settings for Metal/hard/metalcore sound

Pedals are made to change your sound, true, but some things just won't sound right. You can stick one of those buzzsaw pedals in front of it but it's not gonna sound like the 6505/Dual Rec/whatever in your head. It can sound pretty decent if set up right, but it wont sound... right.

Also, I hate you. I want a Priceton Reverb. I knw they're not even close to the same amp, but the name reminds me .
Last edited by Seref at Aug 3, 2010,
Yeah it's nice having a relative who is rich and big on music :]

I do appreciate the amp and realize it's not meant for it.
What would you guys try to get if you were in my situation?

I'm just a beginner and don't need the perfect metal tone you know, but at least something!