Hey, so I have a Gibson SG bass and the tuning pegs are REALLY sensitive, I was wondering if I could just take a Phillips screw driver and tighten them up in the back.

PS I checked FAQ and stuff out and it didn't help at all.

Thanks.
Try adding more delay.
are they loose?
some tuning peg have screws in the side into the part you turn that part might be not in all the way there really shouldnt be any loose screws in it anyway
but there really isnt a way to make them less sensitive that has to do with the gear ratios and stuff
Last edited by supersac at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by supersac
are they loose?
some tuning peg have screws in the side into the part you turn that part might be not in all the way there really shouldnt be any loose screws in it anyway
but there really isnt a way to make them less sensitive that has to do with the gear ratios and stuff

no side screws, just on the back. I think my guitar teacher was tellign me I could just tighten the big central gear screw to make them tighter
Try adding more delay.
Well, I'm not sure about how. But you need to up the "Ratio". Usually you buy new pegs?

The higher the ratio the more turns needed to make a difference, so you'll want a high ratio.
i think by "sensitive" he means it takes verry little pressure to get the tuning knob to turn so slight bumps knock it out of tune. if he means a half turn effects his tuning more than he likes then yes he should get new tuners.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
i think by "sensitive" he means it takes verry little pressure to get the tuning knob to turn so slight bumps knock it out of tune. if he means a half turn effects his tuning more than he likes then yes he should get new tuners.

YES! When I lay it on a bed, it ends up a whole step down. So does that mean I need new tuners?
Try adding more delay.
Quote by Lukeeeeeeeeeee.
Yeah, get stiff High Ratio ones.

Life's a bitch, but at least this gives you chance to get something shiny?

uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh I jsut paid for a setup on it @_@ I guess it'll have to wait til I get the money, but thanks for the help man. haha.
Try adding more delay.