Hi, i am planning to build a custom guitar sometime soon. I am wondering about electronics so i have a few questions.
What are the difference between 250k and 500k pots?
What are capacitors and what do they do?
Do all the wires i need come with the pickups?

Have i forgot anything from my list of what i need?
The spray paint (i think acrylic?).
Primer (if spray says i need it).
Clear coats.
Rubbing compound.
Body
Neck
Machine heads
Original Floyd Rose
Knobs
3 way toggle
pickup surrounds
strap pins
pots???
Pickups. (2 humbuckers)
input jack
capacitors???
Neck plate
screws
Im also getting a D-tuna and Tremol-no.

Thank You for taking the time to read all of this.
500k pots are usually used for humbuckers they allow for more high end than 250 pots.
capacitors are put in the tone circuits to let more of the high frequencies through.
you might want some more wire to solder the input jacks and pots and other stuff.
i dont see anything missing
you are buying the neck and body premade right?
You might need a few wires for the electronics. The pickups have their own wires, but you also need to connect them to the switch, pots and jack.

Also, some cavity covers, but you can get those later. You can make them yourself to fit the routes perfectly. I made some out of a large square bin. They look pretty authentic.
Quote by supersac
500k pots are usually used for humbuckers they allow for more high end than 250 pots.
capacitors are put in the tone circuits to let more of the high frequencies through.
you might want some more wire to solder the input jacks and pots and other stuff.
i dont see anything missing
you are buying the neck and body premade right?

Yes im getting the body custom made and an unfinished neck.
So i would need 2 500k for my 2 humbuckers for 2 volume. What about tone?
Quote by sashki
You might need a few wires for the electronics. The pickups have their own wires, but you also need to connect them to the switch, pots and jack.

Also, some cavity covers, but you can get those later. You can make them yourself to fit the routes perfectly. I made some out of a large square bin. They look pretty authentic.

Yes i was going to make the cavity covers myself. I'm still in school so i can make some things and use soldering irons there.