Title pretty much explains it all. Sorry for being so specific about a subgenre.

I've decided I want to take my sound into an ethereal, hard rock-ish direction (aka, space rock/shoegaze/whatever you want to call it). Sorta Failure, Cave In and so. But I've got no money to afford a high amount of high-quality pedals, therefore I want to get a decent multi-effect capable of, at least, covering up the basics.

So, I'd like to know: keeping in mind that sort of guitar sound, is there any multi-effect you guys could suggest me?.

Thanks before hand , and sorry for not being pedal-wise , and for my odd english (it's not my first language).

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
The M9/M13 are amazing pedals, but maybe a bit above your price range (?). At the same time, you probably won't need to buy anything else though. Just be patient - I ended up getting my M13 for $100 off.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Uhmmm, I thought I could've gotten at least 2 or 3 more replies.

Anyway. Thank you very much guys. I'll keep those ones in mind. I'm still saving money, but I wanted to know what was I saving for .

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
The only thing I would say to keep in mind is whether you want programmable presets that you would turn on and it would turn on like 5 effects at once. With the Line 6 M series each button is it's own "stomp box".
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
The only thing I would say to keep in mind is whether you want programmable presets that you would turn on and it would turn on like 5 effects at once. With the Line 6 M series each button is it's own "stomp box".

Well, that would be pretty useful actually, but it's not like I'm going to use the same 5 effects for every single song, jam, or whatever I'll play in given moment. So, I'd say it's alright if it allows me to turn them on one by one, so I can make up some cool mixes or something.

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Last edited by Antoine-Øleg at Aug 2, 2010,
The Magicstomp can be found on eBay. It has some cool echo and delay fx. Check out the Early Reflections clip on my profile.
I just got a Zoom G2.1Nu and it has great effects!

I don't really care for the distortions or amp modeling, but the effects are awesome and it works great in the effects loop of an amp.

Plus it's really easy to tweak on the fly in the middle of a song at a gig.

You could definitely get plenty of spacey weird ambient sounds with it... as well as great sounding traditional effects.

What about a used rackmount multi fx like a tc electronics g-major or rocktron xpression or something similar?